Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Boy Genius Report is saying that the bold will be realeased in november. Here ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

BOLD Moved to November

Advertisement

The Boy Genius Report is saying that the bold will be realeased in november.
    Here is a link to the site where they are showing a att product sheet showing other device releasde dates.http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ber/#more-5282

Last week my brother told me that he had seen RIM's CEO on fox buisness news saying that the bold would be pushed back one month.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure if anyone's posted this yet..anyone seen this?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ory/Technology

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone, here in the US, bought a Bold, had it unlocked and works fine?

One billion dollars to fix this problem? Oh god!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    20 BB's to 1 iPhone, that's crazy, but without compression and taking the full amount of bandwidth, I can see...

The BB is the most efficient device on planet earth in terms of data usage. (helps that RIM has their own protocols).

The 1st gen iPhone was an absolute data pig (people in Canada with unlocked phones were treated to bills of $1200+ for data overages when they lit them up on Rogers).

Just surprising that anyone would think the new one would be any better.

(the GSM carriers are eating a LOT of the data charges).

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~he didn't say november. He said sheet says that but he is sticking with oct 2nd release. Re-read it.

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~he didn't say november. He said sheet says that but he is sticking with oct 2nd release. Re-read it.
    Yea sorry I was just going by that device sheet. I hope its October.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Besides don't even look like corporate sheet. Looks like ones dealer make on excel.

I have sheet showing 8320 launching end of this month.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    The BB is the most efficient device on planet earth in terms of data usage. (helps that RIM has their own protocols).

The 1st gen iPhone was an absolute data pig (people in Canada with unlocked phones were treated to bills of $1200+ for data overages when they lit them up on Rogers).

Just surprising that anyone would think the new one would be any better.

(the GSM carriers are eating a LOT of the data charges).
    Thanks for the clarification, and that _I_ didnt' have to say it...
    I only post info that I have verified, and yet I'm sure that some out there are convinced that I am anti-Apple which I am NOT. What I AM against, is their misleading marketing, their arrogance, and the way they mistreat some of their customers. (notice I said some, not all).
    Let's remember that when introducing the original iPhone a certain Mr Jobs renamed the company Apple Inc. Further confirming their full on attack of the entertainment market (not a bad move). However with that same mindset, let's not expect them to produce a mobile communications device of high quality, security and reliability all that soon. After all it took RIM awhile to establish the stellar reputation they have. One that is largely the responsibility of the companies first commitment to build world class devices. This as opposed to Apple whos first committment is to remain the cash cow of the industry, with that cash coming directly from YOUR wallet....

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Couldn't have said it better myself my friend.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    If at&t saw the same problem in the first release of the iphone why did they not upgrade then? I know it was not 3G but that is why you have network engineers/gurus running all over your companies.

Why not give the iphone to the verizon network since they have a bigger network?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Because Verizon would turn it into a expensive iPod Touch, LOL.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    If at&t saw the same problem in the first release of the iphone why did they not upgrade then?
    Why not give the iphone to the verizon network since they have a bigger network?
    AT&T could not anticipate the data resources that the iPhone was going to require until there were actually a high number of iPhones on the network. At that point AT&T DID begin to upgrade the network. However with the huge number of towers AT&T has, an upgrade of this magnitude cannot be done I just a few months. Thus the delay.
    Verizon, Apple first offered this phone to Verizon, but did not know that Verizon did not have the resources to activate the iPhone on their network.

sent via BlackBerry

I think part of why they walked away from Verizon was also the CDMA issue (world-wide roaming being problematical - you need to populate a GSM radio in the device as well and work out how you're going to handle IIF and non-IIF scenarios).

The other thing is, it's not just the towers that need additional radios installed on them, it's also the bandwidth feeding the towers....and in some areas, that "last mile" might not even be AT&T's network - they might be looking at 60-90 day delivery times from the local carrier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast