This is the second time I've seen this happen to a Bold. has anyone experienced ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dysfunctional no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold Messaging Errors

Advertisement

This is the second time I've seen this happen to a Bold. has anyone experienced the folowing?

I have just rebuilt a Bold after nuking it, with V4.6 of the software. That workedo k and I have the user configured but now when I attempt to click into the email or SMS icons they do either of the following:

*Let me in, then when I go back out, it won't let me back in again
    *Don't open at all
    * or give the following error and then open:

Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app (random number)
    is not responding; process terminated

The first time this happened I nuked the device and rebuilt it twice but still no change.
    I ended up getting our supplier to replace it under warranty and now it's happening again.

has anyone experienced this problem before, if so how do you fix it??

Thanks

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sounds like your OS is really screwed up. If you didn't do a complete wipe before your last install you may want to try it now. Did your desktop manager indicate any errors after your last OS install was complete?
    ~via smartphone~

That's the weird thing. I did a complete wipe.

I'm using the Blackberry Manager service from the BES and then reimaging them using desktop manager.

This is the only way I can do it as I can't get the BlackBerry Manager service to download the software package to the handheld

It said that there were no errors.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dysfunctional View Post
    That's the weird thing. I did a complete wipe.

I'm using the Blackberry Manager service from the BES and then reimaging them using desktop manager.

This is the only way I can do it as I can't get the BlackBerry Manager service to download the software package to the handheld

It said that there were no errors.
    Your'e right, it is weird. You did a complete wipe before the install. Hopefully, this isn't the beginning of a bad string of devices for you. You may have to make an attempt in getting this one replaced also. Just try not to become discouraged The BOLD is a great device.

vvti no está en línea Stack level 1
    Why is a wipe needed before installing the OS?

~via smartphone~

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Your'e right, it is weird. You did a complete wipe before the install. Hopefully, this isn't the beginning of a bad string of devices for you. You may have to make an attempt in getting this one replaced also. Just try not to become discouraged The BOLD is a great device.
    I have had my bold since sept 4th '08 and have recently started to experience this same error. However I CAN get in messages but sometimes when I try to download an e-mail attachment I get the previous message. I have also experienced this error when trying to refresh my library in a new app I installed - strands media player. I recently updated my os to the beta 4.6.0.218. Dunno whether this is the issue or whether anyone else has had problems with it. I belive there is another beta which I might try. Otherwise I might revert back to my carriers official os of .167.

Quote Originally Posted by vvti View Post
    Why is a wipe needed before installing the OS?

Reason behind this is because it was going from one user to another.

~via smartphone~
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    I have had my bold since sept 4th '08 and have recently started to experience this same error. However I CAN get in messages but sometimes when I try to download an e-mail attachment I get the previous message. I have also experienced this error when trying to refresh my library in a new app I installed - strands media player. I recently updated my os to the beta 4.6.0.218. Dunno whether this is the issue or whether anyone else has had problems with it. I belive there is another beta which I might try. Otherwise I might revert back to my carriers official os of .167.
    The stupid thing is I am actually using my carriers latest version (or so I thought).
    I might actually check to see if there is another one though

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try wiping the device then loading the os by going here