Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by dubai_bb I dont know, you always see Boy Genius reviewing new phones ... BlackBerry Bold forum

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    I dont know, you always see Boy Genius reviewing new phones and he makes a huge deal when the manufacturer actually includes the at&t 3G band. It took a while and they are still not including it in all models, so I dont think the manufacturers will be so eager to add another one as well just for tMobile. Atleast the at&t band is used by Rogers and Fido in Canada so they can sell the handsets as well.
    They won't be. T-mobile's choice to choose that spectrum is laughable at best. Manufacturers (HTC was first this year) are starting to even snub the 850 UMTS/HSDPA band now, so no, they will not in any way shape or form make a phone only for Tmobile USA where most of the users are value accounts and kids. You can count the number of 1700 mHz phones on one hand, and that won't change any time soon. Everyone got all excited (including me since I'm with TMO until the Bold comes out) when they started blowing smoke up our butts about rolling out 3G. Well it's rolling all right, and not very fast. New York and Chicago (Chicago's is lethargic at best) are the only ones that have really been theoretically "rolled" out. We won't see the Bold for TMO until 2009 if at all, and if it is released this year it will be the same version that ATandT releases and it will only work on EDGE. Blackberry is not going to spend multiple millions of dollars making a new version of the 9000 in "hopes" that Tmo will get their act together. The band precedes the phone, not the other way around so until the band is fully functioning and operating phone makers aren't going to waste their money making a compatible handset. I mean look how large a footprint ATandT has with their HSDPA network, and even still HTC and other phone makers are snubbing that.
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    your right because att is using W-cdma for their 3g at full power it is great,but in order for att to go full power they need new towers,so the bold is going to be a flop,why do u think BB is making their other BB kickstart non 3g,thunder,my 4cents

The Bold, A Flop! - Now that just don't make a bit of sense...

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    True the only bad part is that the Thunder is a touch screen not a big fun of it.. But hopefully Rim does a better job then Apple. Is Rogers going to be getting the Thunder or they only getting release to carriers that can not get the Bold because of the 3G issue?

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Thunder so far is a VZW (CDMA) exclusive, their has been no indication otherwise, i'm sure it will make it's rounds eventually, much like how the curve went CDMA long after the GSM version was available, but I wouldn't personally be holding out for it...especially if you are a Rogers customer...Rogers has their lineup in place already and Thunder is no where to be seen...Bold, Kickstart and Javelin are all set to go on Rogers.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    That's because Tmobile will get the Javelin

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    They don't really have much choice, unless they are gonna expedite their 3G next lmao!!

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Thunder so far is a VZW (CDMA) exclusive, their has been no indication otherwise, i'm sure it will make it's rounds eventually, much like how the curve went CDMA long after the GSM version was available, but I wouldn't personally be holding out for it...especially if you are a Rogers customer...Rogers has their lineup in place already and Thunder is no where to be seen...Bold, Kickstart and Javelin are all set to go on Rogers.
    Yeah I have not hard of those two device yet. Kickstart and Javelin when are they releasing? 2009?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Well for Rogers I found this c/o http://www.crackberry.com

PIN/ID

PIN/ID
    Sorry for the triple post, mod please fix this for me I've been having trouble with the site tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Well for Rogers I found this c/o http://www.crackberry.com
    But what about "The Thundah"? I need it for like yesterday.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    who cares about the Javelin though? I mean if it doesnt have 3G, a more powerful processor isn't going to be that much more useful....unless you're going over wifi, which will help the bottleneck...
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

iamdegenatron no está en línea Stack level 1
    I talked to cust service on tmo, blackberry dept, and the man told me theres no such plans that he's heard of dropping the Bold within the last 4-5 days like that. The plan as he knows it is to get the Bold during August. Please let it be true!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Please do!!!!! Need a new BB yesterday!!!!!

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by iamdegenatron View Post
    I talked to cust service on tmo, blackberry dept, and the man told me theres no such plans that he's heard of dropping the Bold within the last 4-5 days like that. The plan as he knows it is to get the Bold during August. Please let it be true!
    Did he happen to say if it will work with their 3G network?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast