Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Now the sorce is good. Its my bb rep for tmo and thanks to the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold may not make it to tmobile

Advertisement

Now the sorce is good. Its my bb rep for tmo and thanks to the stacks I always seem to know more than him. So he enjoys bring me new info. Anyway since tmo bought a unique 3g spectrum the bold won't work on tmos network ( whenever it gets turned on) but there will be 2 new bbs by the end of the year for tmo. One is the kickstart and no idea what the second will be. These won't be 3g but there's going to be one early next year for tmo.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgold52 View Post
    Now the sorce is good. Its my bb rep for tmo and thanks to the stacks I always seem to know more than him. So he enjoys bring me new info. Anyway since tmo bought a unique 3g spectrum the bold won't work on tmos network ( whenever it gets turned on) but there will be 2 new bbs by the end of the year for tmo. One is the kickstart and no idea what the second will be. These won't be 3g but there's going to be one early next year for tmo.
    your right because att is using W-cdma for their 3g at full power it is great,but in order for att to go full power they need new towers,so the bold is going to be a flop,why do u think BB is making their other BB kickstart non 3g,thunder,my 4cents
    Mike

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i ask what's coming and he told me 2 new bbs for tmo before the end of the year and niether will be 3g

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm so anxiously waiting for THE THUNDAH!

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's horrible news!! This is no good. I love tmo...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    T-Mobile bought spectrum in the 1700 Mhz range and in the 2100 Mhz range. These frequency ranges compose UMTS operating band 4, with 1710 - 1755 Mhz used for uplink and 2110 - 2155 Mhz for downlink.

However, the different frequency ranges aren't necessarily a show stopper for the Bold. The specifications floating around online indicate support for UMTS 850 (OB V), UMTS 1900 (OB II), and UMTS 2100 (OB I).

Operating band I (UMTS 2100) uses 2110 - 2170 Mhz for downlink, which happens to cover Operating Band IV downlink completely. Operating band III (UMTS 1800) uses 1710 - 1785 Mhz for uplink, which covers Operating Band IV uplink completely.

Granted, the Bold doesn't have support for Operating band III in the current specification, but considering the spectrum overlap in the UMTS operating bands, I imagine UMTS radio and chip manufacturers will be producing hardware that could cover the entire range of 1700 to 2100 Mhz frequencies.

T-Mobile might not get the Bold in the 9000 model iteration, just like CDMA providers don't get first iteration models, but I imagine T-Mobile might get a "9020" or something that has support for the necessary UMTS operating bands. Further, I doubt that T-Mobile's unique spectrum will be a problem once manufacturers start producing tetra/quinta-band UMTS chips, which given potential demand should happen pretty soon.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    your right because att is using W-cdma for their 3g at full power it is great,but in order for att to go full power they need new towers,so the bold is going to be a flop,why do u think BB is making their other BB kickstart non 3g,thunder,my 4cents

hahaha WHAT???
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well said and don't think the thunder will be a tmo.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    Further, I doubt that T-Mobile's unique spectrum will be a problem once manufacturers start producing tetra/quinta-band UMTS chips, which given potential demand should happen pretty soon.
    I dont know, you always see Boy Genius reviewing new phones and he makes a huge deal when the manufacturer actually includes the at&t 3G band. It took a while and they are still not including it in all models, so I dont think the manufacturers will be so eager to add another one as well just for tMobile. Atleast the at&t band is used by Rogers and Fido in Canada so they can sell the handsets as well.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgold52 View Post
    I think the second release may be the "Javelin" its due to come out sometime in November
    or December 2008.

I think it will be an upgrade of the Curve 8320.

Hope this helps!

¤Via: Crackberry Curve 8320¤
    "It's High-End, It's Shiny, It Means Business"
    "Blackberry, Go Get One! "
    •The Cut Life / C.O.T.C.•

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    If the BOLD doesn't make it to T-Mobile then the Javelin has to. Either one is fine with me.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Any news on the "Thunda"? I hope it makes it to AT&T I know verizon's getting it but I just wish they also get it

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    The BOLD is to be released this Month for T-Mobile Germany. Read this off crackberry.com. Check there front page for more info on that.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    I dont know, you always see Boy Genius reviewing new phones and he makes a huge deal when the manufacturer actually includes the at&t 3G band. It took a while and they are still not including it in all models, so I dont think the manufacturers will be so eager to add another one as well just for tMobile. Atleast the at&t band is used by Rogers and Fido in Canada so they can sell the handsets as well.
    Agreed, but the release of the iPhone 3G, the deployment of T-Mobile's 3G network, and the greater proliferation of smartphone devices will increase demand for 3G enabled equipment. Recently, I've been surprised how many BlackBerry devices I see among friends while socializing -- certainly an integral magnitude more devices than I saw this time last year, and I think Apple's marketing of the iPhone is a lot to do with this consumer user uptake.

3G radio manufacturers can only gain by expanding the utility of the hardware they design. Since these UMTS bands are already covered in different types of networks, there isn't any magic radio wizardry required as far as antenna sizes, just some redesign of the ASICs. So, within one or two generations of 3G chips, multi-operating-band chips will probably become available to handset manufacturers.

peewee1963 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just for info, I've just been told by my local (uk) retailer, they are expecting the Bold to be released on Vodaphone in the UK on August 1st. Can't cnfirm source but it's always been A1 before!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast