Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Originally Posted by janie215 Thanks again Guys - what a great list of apps!! enjoy... ... BlackBerry Bold forum

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Thanks again Guys - what a great list of apps!!
    enjoy...

let us know if you need anything else...
    i see RED...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have fun, Janie. Hope your new device eliminates the problem you had - post back if you need some help.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    I had a mojor issue with this on my curve 8310. I would be in phonecalls even and it would just turn off like I had done a battery pull. As time went on, it got worse and worse, turning off like every like 10 mins. Which is one of the reasons I got my beautiful bold absolutely free from ATT. Brand new! I haven't had this problem with the bold. However, a good friend of mine has started having this problem with her bold. After much trouble shooting, she had to do a warranty swap. This is an issue with the "electrical" part of the phone, not software. I would definitely insist ur carrier replace the phone with a new one, and don't accept a refurb! Especially if u have only had ur bold for a short time. Good luck!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    I had a mojor issue with this on my curve 8310. I would be in phonecalls even and it would just turn off like I had done a battery pull. As time went on, it got worse and worse, turning off like every like 10 mins. Which is one of the reasons I got my beautiful bold absolutely free from ATT. Brand new! I haven't had this problem with the bold. However, a good friend of mine has started having this problem with her bold. After much trouble shooting, she had to do a warranty swap. This is an issue with the "electrical" part of the phone, not software. I would definitely insist ur carrier replace the phone with a new one, and don't accept a refurb! Especially if u have only had ur bold for a short time. Good luck!

battery issue... had the same problem... went thru many warranty phones with the same battery and realized it was the battery causing the problem. got a new battery, and problem was solved. however, getting a bold out of the deal aint bad either.

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    I just wanted to update you guys. My bold was exchanged on Saturday (unit swapped, battery & back case kept).

What a difference!! Its sorted the problem completely. I'm using it like I've never used it before. Gots loads of different apps, thanks for your lists guys, and loving each and every one. Never really had much success with 3rd party apps before but I've spent the last 2 hours just playing!

Thanks again.

Janie

That's great news, Janie! Glad you FINALLY got a useful unit and that you're enjoying it and the aps. It's a LOT more fun when your BB does what it's supposed to do, huh?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Glad things worked out for ya janie... have fun...

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    I am so glad you got this problem solved! The bold is such an amazing phone! Now you can enjoy all the benefits. Happy Bolding!

mby2100 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Do you notice whether it happens while you're using it, like do you see it happen or do you just pick it up an notice that it's powered off? I ask because my daughter noticed her Curve turning itself off occasionally when she simply lays it down with a "soft bump." (Does that make sense?)

I suspect a "loose connection" of some kind, maybe in a circuit board but she hasn't tried to replace it. You may just have a bad unit - if you can reproduce the problem, it might be time to take it back and ask for a new one.
    That's not it. I have the same problem. Its been doing it for a while. I just swapped units
    I believe its software related. I reloaded
    My bacxkup from old bb and my new one is
    Doing the same

That's interesting, mby2100. Can you experiment by eliminating 3d-party applications, one by one, to see which may be the culprit...or try a different OS...or both?

I think I'd start with a new OS is that's convenient to you. I think my daughter's still on one of the old ones, 4.2 or 4.3. It obviously will take time depending on how much software you have to go through.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345