Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think thats what I may have to do, although reading alot of these other ... BlackBerry Bold forum

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

Advertisement

I think thats what I may have to do, although reading alot of these other posts Im not sure if a Bold is the right one to have???

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    im practically convinced that you have a faulty device... ive had a bold for several months now and no such problems...

there were two times when my bold started rebooting randomly... once when i tried the 5.0 leaked os, and once when i tried another 4.6 os, i believe it was .187

other than those two OS, ive never had a random reboot problem... never had a loose battery problem either...

and so far as i see, and in my opinion ofcourse, the bold is the best device out in the market at this time...

i really hope you can get your hands on a good replacement...
    i see RED...

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i would lean toward a bad device as well. my fiancé got his new bold (well refurb...whatever) tonight and he even noticed that everything is faster. bbm messages go through immediately when before he thought they were going through as they should. today he even could make a call on the old phone. i'd get it replaced.

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Ive just received my new Bold, decided against trying another model - was going to try the HTC touch hd but figured better the devil you know.

Straight away my new device seems sturdier on the back casing - my old one was really loose and despite having lots of paper around the battery to stop it wobbling, sill didnt do the trick.

Will keep my fingers crossed that everything else is better.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    hope it goes well for ya...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Thanks!! Know of any other good apps? lost all mine earlier.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Ive had my Bold for quite a while now and Ive always had a problem with it turning itself off.

Ive been keeping an eye out on these boards for anyone having similar problems, which there have been.

Ive updated OS, downgraded OS, put card around the battery to stop it being loose and every other thing that anyone has ever mentioned.

Still it keeps turning itself off. It does it probably 2 or 3 times a day.

Can anyone offer any new advice?

Janie
    i had this happen with an 8320 and the fix was changing the battery... not necessarily that the battery doesn't hold a charge, but something was awry... no matter how much OS upgrading, downgrading, clearing memory, etc, it was the battery.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Thanks!! Know of any other good apps? lost all mine earlier.
    Any chance you backed up your previous device, Janie? If you did you might be able to use DM to restore your aps. If not, what kind of aps do you like or use? I'll help if I can.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    256A910E

Thanks

JBlackfish - your great!! No I didnt back it up. I use a Mac and use missing sync so have got all my contacts and calendars saved just not any apps. To be honest there werent that many - AIM, Facebook, Yahoo, Dabr (Twitter), Bold, Opera Mini (although didnt work).

Janie

PIN/ID
    ask me
    almost every app i have i got from jerry D's list...

http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/3389/blog322.html
    i see RED...

Janie,
    You're in the UK, right? Reddrvgon just posted a very long list of aps - it's a good source and red is also outside the US now so he might be able to help you with the ones that would work outside the US - can you help with that, red? One of the radio streamers works outside the US I think but I don't remember which one(s.)

Opera Mini may not work outside the US too. You might see if the BOLT browser will work. I'll post back if I think of any really good ones but again, it may be restricted to here.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i can definitely help out with what works outside of the realm of the US of A...

Opera and Bolt both work, but will require the proper carrier APN settings under TCP/IP
    both IHeart radio and Nobex work internationally... Slacker and Pandora dont...

I use YATCA for twitter, it integrates my twitter messages to my main messages inbox, some love it some hate it...

I use GPSedd for gps tracking, google maps for people tracking and maps... AmaZe GPS is a great freebie for audible directions, not sure if that'll work outside the US though...

Berryweather for local and international weather (thats a paid app)... an amazing free one is "weather" at www.midlets.eu

Viigo for news and RSS feeds... (and pinstack feeds ofcourse)...
    bluCTRL to use my bb as a keyboard and mouse for my laptop...
    captureit for screenshots...

let me know if you have anything else in mind...

(btw, all of this is available at jerry D's list, all you have to do is access the list from your device and scroll and select... )
    i see RED...

Thanks, Red. That'll help her a lot!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Thanks, Red. That'll help her a lot!
    its what we do best JB...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    256A910E

Thanks

Thanks again Guys - what a great list of apps!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast