Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Mine occassionaly shuts off but it goes through the whole reboot process and security checks. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

Mine occassionaly shuts off but it goes through the whole reboot process and security checks. Mind doesn't do it daily either. I've noticed that it's usually after chatting forever so mine is probably a memory issue. I don't use a case for mine since I'm always answer emails, bbm's, or IM's. It did it twice today. Once while I was driving to work and had just taken it off the charger and the second after using my im for an hour or so.

Wish I could help but I will pay more attention to whats happening when it does it. Maybe we can come up with something. I would suggest clearing your event log for a bit of memory cleaning and trying a batt pull every morning and see if that helps lessen it.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    When I first read few of the post I thought you got one of the refurbished bolds of att but I see your on orange, on your place I would delete all of your 3rd apps and see if that helps this was actually happening to my storm and I deleted the stormslider and it fixed the problem. If this doesn't help I wouldn't even bother trying to fix it as I see nothing above helps and just take it back to orange and get another one if your under warranty. I'm also thinking it might be something inside of the phone, like a connectiong with the baterry or sumthing. Did you drop the phone before this started? Once I dropped my bold and later it started to overheat.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    which battery are you using?

when i bought the extended battery from seidio, i ran into this prob... i tore apart the battery and it turns out that it doesnt make good contact with the battery "pins" of the bold... everytime id set it down on the table.. it would lose the connection enough so that it would reset... i shoved a piece of paper underneath the circuit board of the battery... now it makes great contact with the bold... theres a physical difference... you can see that the gold plates of the battery circuit board is much closer to the frame used in the battery...
    torched!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    which battery are you using?

when i bought the extended battery from seidio, i ran into this prob... i tore apart the battery and it turns out that it doesnt make good contact with the battery "pins" of the bold... everytime id set it down on the table.. it would lose the connection enough so that it would reset... i shoved a piece of paper underneath the circuit board of the battery... now it makes great contact with the bold... theres a physical difference... you can see that the gold plates of the battery circuit board is much closer to the frame used in the battery...
    This is not the first problem you've fixed with a piece of paper, is it Joe? Didn't you have a speaker problem a while back, or something like that, that you fixed with paper?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

banx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay my Bold is now doing the same thing. I'm interested to see if the upgrading while the sim card is in was the problem.

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    This is not the first problem you've fixed with a piece of paper, is it Joe? Didn't you have a speaker problem a while back, or something like that, that you fixed with paper?
    Haha... you should see what I do with paper and house plumbing
    torched!

Joe, paper and house plumbing? Don't you know that duct tape was made for plumbing?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Hahah... Any more paper in my phone and it becomes a fire hazard..
    torched!

Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    Hahah... Any more paper in my phone and it becomes a fire hazard..
    Watch out for static electrical sparks!

We'd better get back on topic.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by banx View Post
    Okay my Bold is now doing the same thing. I'm interested to see if the upgrading while the sim card is in was the problem.
    that's not the problem. i don't know of anyone that removes the sim when upgrading and none of us have ever had a problem. that seems to by an isolated incident, or purely coincidental.

strangely enough after i last responded to this thread my fiancé's bold starting doing this exact thing. we tried lots of things to fix it. changed the os twice. got a new sim card, removed all 3rd party apps...none of it worked. so at&t is sending him a replacement bold. this is actually his third bold now, his first one overheated and did a white screen of death, actually as did another friend of ours. i seem to be the only one without a issue on their bold *knocks on wood* .....well i did have a calling issue that a new sim card fixed.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    that's not the problem. i don't know of anyone that removes the sim when upgrading and none of us have ever had a problem. that seems to by an isolated incident, or purely coincidental.

strangely enough after i last responded to this thread my fiancé's bold starting doing this exact thing. we tried lots of things to fix it. changed the os twice. got a new sim card, removed all 3rd party apps...none of it worked. so at&t is sending him a replacement bold. this is actually his third bold now, his first one overheated and did a white screen of death, actually as did another friend of ours. i seem to be the only one without a issue on their bold *knocks on wood* .....well i did have a calling issue that a new sim card fixed.

I don't remember anyone saying anything about the SIM card. I mentioned that it might be the media card, if you upgrade your OS with it still inserted.
    But apparently the bold resolved that issue.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i was responding to the above post regarding sim cards. upgrading with either a sim card or a media card inserted shouldn't be a problem. we did both on our pearls and curves, as well as the bolds and never had an issue. my curve got something like 6 or 7 upgrades, all with the media card in it. i never thought to take it out, or saw the reason to.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    media cards have caused problems for some, and not for others...

on the other hand, a faulty sim card can cause random reboots, but not random standbys...
    i see RED...

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Hi, sometimes it does the security checks etc and other times I just get the Orange symbol pop up and then it starts back up immediately.

Im at a loss, Ive tried everything now.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    have you tried getting your device replaced?
    i see RED...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast