Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks, getsuga. That's strange but it's good to know. Hope if fixes Janie's problem.... BlackBerry Bold forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Thanks, getsuga. That's strange but it's good to know. Hope if fixes Janie's problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    strange, because i've always left the cards in when doing an upgrade or switch and i've never had this problem.

from what i've seen, it's usually one of two things. one is a memory leak causing the phone to reboot on occassion to release all that memory. the other is a loose battery connection.

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    strange, because i've always left the cards in when doing an upgrade or switch and i've never had this problem.

from what i've seen, it's usually one of two things. one is a memory leak causing the phone to reboot on occassion to release all that memory. the other is a loose battery connection.
    Earlier Janie said that it was like it was on stand-by and didn't seem like a real power off that takes a minute or two to come back up - it comes back instantly.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Hi, yes it is almost like a stand by, it comes back on very quickly but then obviously does take a few minutes to find the network etc etc. I've re-formatted the memory card so will wait to see what happens.

I would have thought if it was a common problem then there would have been a lot of replies to say so.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Hi, yes it is almost like a stand by, it comes back on very quickly but then obviously does take a few minutes to find the network etc etc. I've re-formatted the memory card so will wait to see what happens.

I would have thought if it was a common problem then there would have been a lot of replies to say so.
    It may be common Janie. Looking over the thread it looks like the only Bold owner who has responded is psi chick. Maybe some other Bold owners can jump in here and add some info or help. I just happened to see it and replied.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry janie I too am at a loss with this one. Haven't had it happen to me or heard of it before. I'm thinking its probably a good idea to consult who you purchased the device from.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi, I have had my Bold for about 6 months and haven't seen this problem as yet. I know it has an auto on off but Janie has already checked that. So I am afraid I am not much help other than to say it sounds like a faulty unit. Sorry

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Ok, thought that re formatting memory card had solved it but no, turned itself off again today.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Okay, well I don't know what to tell ya now. The memory leaking is a good thought too, like psi chick said. I don't know the device memory capabilities for the bold, but what or how many 3rd party apps do you have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Skier87 View Post
    ....... I'm thinking its probably a good idea to consult who you purchased the device from.
    This what I'm thinking too, especially if you can take the time to demonstrate that the thing turns itself off.

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Thanks for you help guys, its really hard to take it back and show them it turns off as sometimes its a few hours before it does it. I got it from Orange so I will get in touch with them and see what they say. I have a few 3rd party apps so could possibly be one of those I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Thanks for you help guys, its really hard to take it back and show them it turns off as sometimes its a few hours before it does it. I got it from Orange so I will get in touch with them and see what they say. I have a few 3rd party apps so could possibly be one of those I guess.
    Sorry we weren't more help, Janie. It's such a weird thing - unless you have really weird 3d-party aps I doubt it's one of those but one never knows. Good luck.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    when it turns off and you turn it back on, does it do the security checks and all that? or just go right to the home screen?

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi Janie, I have also been having problems with my Bold shutting itself off.

I keep my bold in one of 2 leather OEM blackberry holsters. Both with the magnets build in. For about the first 3-4 months Ive had the Bold it was perfect, no quick battery drain, no loose battery or battery door, everything seemed cool. But in the past month it has started to daily turn itself off, usually 2-3 times a day.

I tried a new OS, actually tried 2. No change. It can happen at anytime, like if I haven't used it in an hour, or if I've been on it non stop texting and using bbm. Some days It wont happen at all, others it will happen 5 times.

Im thinking its a hardware issue, since the new OS's didn't fix anything. I'm considering buying some parts off of cnn and building a fresher one. Maybe change up the look while I'm at it.

I bought my Bold off of eBay, so I don't think Rogers would give me any warranty or anything like that... hopefully I can fix it because I thought I had the perfect phone up untill this started.

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Oh and when it happens, it does the whole few minute start up everytime.... not just an instant on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast