Hello there- My Bold froze this morning, so I took the battery out to do ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bailee. no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold keeps dying mid-reboot

Hello there-

My Bold froze this morning, so I took the battery out to do a hard reboot. Now, when I replace the battery, the red light will come on and the white screen with the clock shows up, but before the hand on the clock can go around once, it dies, then the red light comes on, and the cycle begins anew. I've tried removing the media card and also plugging the phone in while trying to restart.

I'm curious if there are any suggestions for me before I just call it quits and get a new phone. Please note I am on a Mac and have no access to a PC.

xelena no está en línea Stack level 2
    it seems that you need to re-flash the software, honestly, i have no experience in re-loading the OS with MAC. what current version of software you have? Try reloading the OS, and try to backup if possible.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You might want to try a new battery before the OS update.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    One thing you can try is performing a reset to factory defaults on your BlackBerry smartphone. It may or may not work but it is worth a try. Note that if it works, all data on the BlackBerry smartphone will be lost. First thing you must have Desktop manager for Mac installed on your Mac. Once installed, connect your BlackBerry smarphone to your Mac and close out Desktop manager for Mac because it does not need to be running for what you need to do.
    Ok with your BlackBerry smarphone connected, on your Mac computer, complete the following steps:

1. Open Terminal.
    2. Type cd /Applications/BlackBerry\ Desktop\ and press ENTER.
    3. Type ./bbdm resettofactory and press Enter.

Note: If the BlackBerry smartphone has a password, type the following:
    ./bbdm -password <yourpassword> resettofactory and press Enter.

Note: Replace <yourpassword> with the password for the BlackBerry smartphone.

Hope this helps.