A couple of weeks ago I purchased a refurbished bold from the AT&T website, got ... BlackBerry Bold forum

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40

Bold Issues AT&T temporarily solved

Advertisement

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a refurbished bold from the AT&T website, got it home and with the help of google sync and a few sim card transfers, I got everything up and running.

Have been loving the phone, but my reception here at work and at home have been both terrible and half the time I was on SOS.

I also put a couple of movies in mp4 format Transformers and Forbidden Kingdom, the night I did it, they worked great, and looked sharp. The next day however when I tried to play them after I had installed another program and a couple of themes. and my phone imediately shut down and restarted.

I removed the program and the tried to play a little but then again reset the phone. and i didnt think the themes would make any difference so just left it as it was for the time being.

Last night i lost a call while i was outside my work so I was fed up and went to the AT&T store and asked them about it, of course there my bold was getting the same signal that both of their phones were. And long story short, they said there have been 2 towers down in the area for the last couple of weeks and should be back up by the 14th, if not they will switch out the phone if the recepiton does not improve after the towers are back up. Of course one is by my house, and the other is by my work.

I asked about the movies and he said try them in avi format, the bold just doesnt really do well with mp4 files if they are large and of higher quality, so i ran home and deleted them and put on the same movies after converting them to avi and they work just fine no problems at all.

Just to test, i put another mp4 on it, removed the themes and a couple of programs and made sure there was plenty of memory and no other apps running, and the movies did work for a while, but I opened opera and bb browser in the back ground, again immediate reset.

But its all good, the great thing is that my wife bought a little touch movie player (offbrand thing from microcenter) and it came with software for one button conversion, i didnt even have to mess with any settings or anything. I will look at it more but it just simply seems to be called mp4 tool.

Surround mp4 tool 3.1.0
    Evergreen Studio 2006
    Its kinda MAC lookin but it works just select source, then a target folder/name and click convert. Has other options but I just want something quick and it works.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Wow! Great. Thank u for the info. I had put two movies on my phone too, spongebob and Shrek, for my little boy of course. And was having the same problems as u. I tried to get someone to tell me how to fix it from att and they told me I would have to but the movies on my computer, convert them and then re-install them but they said thry couldn't tell me which format to use and they said I could really screw up my phone by trying to install them in the wrong format. But, noone would tell me the right format. When I arugued, the guys just looked at me and said, well, if u wanted a phone to watch movies on, u should have got an iphone for some samsung somethin or other and that the bold was never intended for play use. It is a prefessionals phone, not a phone for entertainment. I was furious and left. So, thank u for posting this thread. Now I finally know what format to install movies on my phone and not screw it up......
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah I have been trying for a couple weeks, and went through about 20 different options and methods that others say they use and never got anything to work. The mp4 to avi conversion tool I used came from my wifes little player she bought, it was actually in the tools folder, and i installed it on vista with no problems.

I just found it online and checked and it is of the same file size as the one I had, so should be it.

http://www.oem-drivers.com/wp-conten...4Tool-310E.zip

If you would like to try it out.

I use a three step process, dvd decryptor, then Videora blackberry convert to put in mp4 format, then the above one to go to avi (which was supposed to be just for my wife) so I guess i could skip a step in there, but i like the flow of the three programs, so ill stick with it. and already have about 200 GB of a 1.5 TB nas full of copies of my own videos.

Side note, I also have a movie with digital copy included and the above mp4 tool worked just fine on converting the file they gave me to an avi.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Wow. Thanks rashard. This is why I love pinstack. It so frusterating when the people who work so hard to sell u ur phone, don't give a flippin a about u fter the purchase is over. When I purchased the phone, it was the PERFECT phone for me, soon as I had an issue they didn't wanna take the time to fix, then I was a dumb 'A' for buyin the wrong phone.....sheesh!

matte119 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    I tried to get someone to tell me how to fix it from att and they told me I would have to but the movies on my computer, convert them and then re-install them but they said thry couldn't tell me which format to use and they said I could really screw up my phone by trying to install them in the wrong format. But, noone would tell me the right format. When I arugued, the guys just looked at me and said, well, if u wanted a phone to watch movies on, u should have got an iphone for some samsung somethin or other and that the bold was never intended for play use. It is a prefessionals phone, not a phone for entertainment. I was furious and left. So, thank u for posting this thread. Now I finally know what format to install movies on my phone and not screw it up......
    Kay, pleez go back to that store and request to speak to the store manager and inform them of what the sales rep said to you. That is not the customer experience AT&T is trying to provide and we dont want behaviors like that in our company. AT&T is undergoing some big changes in reguards to how we measure the performance of our sales reps. This situation is definitely something that manager would want to know about. Even if you don't want to go back to the store please just call and get the managers email address and send them a quick message about the situation. Best case scenario would be if you knew which rep it was so that the manager could address it with them specifically. PLEEEEEZ help us make our company better. Thanks.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Quote Originally Posted by matte119 View Post
    Kay, pleez go back to that store and request to speak to the store manager and inform them of what the sales rep said to you. That is not the customer experience AT&T is trying to provide and we dont want behaviors like that in our company. AT&T is undergoing some big changes in reguards to how we measure the performance of our sales reps. This situation is definitely something that manager would want to know about. Even if you don't want to go back to the store please just call and get the managers email address and send them a quick message about the situation. Best case scenario would be if you knew which rep it was so that the manager could address it with them specifically. PLEEEEEZ help us make our company better. Thanks.
    I agree. You definitely need to let the store manager know about that. I work for an authorized retailer here in Texas, and even we are focused on making the customer experience the best we can. I'm not saying that I don't get frustrated with customers from time to time, but telling the customer that they should have purchased another phone is definitely not giving the customer the best experience.

on another note... I have loaded tons of different formats on my phone. it won't screw it up. It just won't play. all you have to do is delete them. I use mp4 and 3gp the most... I have a couple of movies in various sizes from 250 to 850mb. i haven't had any issues with the phone reloading. But I dunno. I'm going to try this converter to see if I like it better. Right now I'm using videora for iphone. I also use the dvd decrypter program to decrypt the dvds.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Well, I feel really really bad now for talking down about att. I've just had a very very very bad experience with them over the past year and a half. I am so disappointed. But, myhusband and I have been loyal customers with att wireless since 2002. Not to mention our home phone for 20 some years. I am usually not one to air out my frusteration like this, but I have just been so incredibly frusterated. I purchased a curve 8310 from att march of 2008 and I started having some really strange problems with it. Well, very long story short, I purchased a brand new device and ended up being given a refurbished device. I had to fight with att customer service from may 2008 all the way to december 28th 2008 to get someone to do something about it. They fixed it by upgrading me to a bold (brand new) for no cost, if I resigned a 2 year contract. So, I agreed and they promised me if I ever had any problems in the future, that a manager would deal with me directly. That didn't happen. Then the incident in the store happened. And now I am sitting on my 3rd replacement bold in three weeks. They all have one problem in common , then each had separate other problems as well. Att is trying, but it just seems to fall through every time. I spoke to a guy this afternoon from the technical department whom was very nice. He promised a manager would be calling me back in an hour and 15 minutes. That was 9 and a half hours ago. That guy promised they would replace my device with a brand new one, even told me he would allow me to choose from any device a
    I wanted at no cost, but, nobody ever called me back. So, I'm so sorry to talk down about att but after a year of serious serious problems, I'm frusterated. My Sincere apologies if I offended anyone. I just am frusterated, and the guys on here are always so nice, and ometimes, someone can giv a a solution that no one has before. But as of yet, I'm still waiting. Sorry!

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I have found I can skip the step, from mp4, besides I was able to free up about 50gb on my PC by not saving the mp4 files, I just point the mp4 tool to the VOB files and it comes out fine

What I think is really funny, is that when i went to the at&t store, there was 4 reps and nobody else in the store lol. The other day I went to a verizon store, I had to sign in and get on a wait list and they have a monitor up with the list, there were like 10 people in front of me, and they had like 12 reps, I had to wait about half an hour just to buy a battery.

jc did you use paid apps for converting or free ones?