Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All, I have 2 problem actually with Bold 1- I downloaded 4.6.0.216 but as ... BlackBerry Bold forum

afoi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2545EF19

Bold Issues

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have 2 problem actually with Bold

1- I downloaded 4.6.0.216 but as i updated from 190 its shows upgrade but when i view under the device it will still show 190.

2- When i switch off the device,it doesn't fully turn off the device. as i swtich on it will not request for my pin code.

Can anyone advice

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've heard there are a few issues with 216, until recently 210 was the most stable, but I've been running 219 for about a week or so and find it to be a bit more stable than 210...

PIN/ID
    2545EF19
    where can i get the 219...? only manage to find 216

Quote Originally Posted by afoi View Post
    Sorry, that I can not share on these boards, but the Great and Almighty OZ (Google) will point you down the yellow brick road..

PIN/ID
    LESS
    You may also try uninstalling your DM and reinstalling it. That has also been found to solve all the issues with upgrading.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    It's on Berry Review: http://www.berryreview.com/2009/01/1...-found-online/

Hope I read the rules correctly..., if not, sorry...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I've heard there are a few issues with 216, until recently 210 was the most stable, but I've been running 219 for about a week or so and find it to be a bit more stable than 210...
    I've been running .210 completely trouble free. What does .219 offer that is superior?

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2545EF19
    i tried looking but it says its still inder Beta so i really afraid to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I've been running .210 completely trouble free. What does .219 offer that is superior?

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well you know the only thing I really noticed was my battery life seemed to be much better, and it seems a bit faster in response time to browsing. And I know what you're saying about 210, it is an excellent build.

PIN/ID
    2545EF19
    will have to try but afraid to because its still beta...can anyone recommend

will have to try but afraid to because its still beta...can anyone recommend
    The only version I have found to be 100% stable, reliable & trustworthy is .210.
    I have two Bolds precisely for the purpose of side by side testing. My primary BlackBerry is a Bold running .210 which I use to compare the other Bold to with whatever OS version I'm testing. V. .219 is unstable as it resets. Web page loading is the same as .210 otherwise everything else is inferior.

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The only version I have found to be 100% stable, reliable & trustworthy is .210.
    I have two Bolds precisely for the purpose of side by side testing. My primary BlackBerry is a Bold running .210 which I use to compare the other Bold to with whatever OS version I'm testing. V. .219 is unstable as it resets. Web page loading is the same as .210 otherwise everything else is inferior.

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thats weird, I've never had a reset using v.219, actually haven't had any problems as with v.210 prior to installing v.219. What is the everything else... that is inferior?

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I am actually running .214 and its been very stable for me... no complaints or problems at all !!

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Thats weird, I've never had a reset using v.219, actually haven't had any problems as with v.210 prior to installing v.219. What is the everything else... that is inferior?
    In case you missed my earlier post, I now have two Bolds. By primary BlackBerry Bold running .210 and my Test Bold running whatever update version I'm testing or has just been released. Side by side tests are (at least for me) the best way to compare two different versions of the OS.

In testing .219 side by side with .210, it loads the same web pages slower by about 15 to 25% depending on the page. After four days of testing .219 had randomly reset itself 9 times. When viewing pictures, there was substantial delay when waiting to view the pictures in a give folder, once that folder was selected. Phone call quality was noticeable degraded and while usable, it was not clear and did not have the same good tone of voice when listening to the caller. Battery life was about 20% less and the charging time about 30% greater. Those are just some of the differences.

That said, indeed a fact is that each OS seems to return different results on different Bolds. Which is why the test results here are different than what you experienced. This phenomenon is a new RIM problem. It used to be that BlackBerry quality control was excellent. However as we have witnessed, they are slipping to a level of quality control that is mediocre at best.

Last year at this time we here at PinStack were talking about all sorts of things. But we were NOT talking about having to be RIM's OS beta testers. Nor were we talking about having so many problems that RIM was firing off new OS updates like scud missles, as they are today. This dramatic change in how RIM has decided to operate is quite interesting. And for true loyalists, enthusiasts, and BlackBerry lovers, this is a concern. However that said the overall culture amongst the buying public is such that people seem to be more than willing to pay a handsome price for a top of the line device that may or may not work properly.

So who cares? Not many apparently. Money?... isn't that the stuff that grows on trees.

Cheers....

Thanks, and Yup gotta go shake the snow of my Money Tree now ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast