Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BTW, GUYS ! I'm still waiting in anticipation for some help on the 'original' problem ... BlackBerry Bold forum

robin74 no está en línea Stack level 1

BOLD Connectivity Issues

Advertisement

BTW, GUYS ! I'm still waiting in anticipation for some help on the 'original' problem I've on the dandy Bold for connectivity!

Thank You!

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had no luck with DM 4.7 using the Bold. I use 4.6 with AT&T and OS .216. My AT&T branded Bold does not have any option for switching from EDGE/2G to 3G. Maybe it's just my phone. However if memory serves me correct there are others here way more knowledgeable than I have said it is not possible to witch from 3G to 2G on AT&T locked/branded Bold. Again I maybe wrong. If you did a search in "switching from 2G to 3G" there may be a better answer. I have found that this site has a wealth of knowledge.
    Best of luck on your search for a fix. My two cents.

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    wrong thread. Sorry.
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    to the op - downgade to dm 4.6 and change the os in your phone. try .210, i recently upgraded to it and it's been great.

eljacob no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am using an At&T branded phone, and it helped manually locking on my carrier.

There is no option on the OS itself to select 2G or 3G, but if you choose to manually select your carrier it should show 2 entries for each carrier on the list, one with 2G in front and another one with 3G.

I was having a similar problem: it seemed to be connect, but no messages or browsing - one day I clicked on "Manage Connections" to turn on WiFi and noticed that my BB was connected to another carrier.

After I changed from "automatically" to "manual" and chose "Vivo 3G" (my carrier) it didn't happen again.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I have had no luck with DM 4.7 using the Bold. I use 4.6 with AT&T and OS .216. My AT&T branded Bold does not have any option for switching from EDGE/2G to 3G. Maybe it's just my phone. However if memory serves me correct there are others here way more knowledgeable than I have said it is not possible to witch from 3G to 2G on AT&T locked/branded Bold. Again I maybe wrong. If you did a search in "switching from 2G to 3G" there may be a better answer. I have found that this site has a wealth of knowledge.
    Best of luck on your search for a fix. My two cents.
    You are correct in assuming that you can't manually switch an AT&T BOLD from 3G to 2G.......it's not possible.

robin74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OzzieDog , Ur maybe right on the 3G with branded ATT set, however, I'm still waiting for some help on the original thread issue- above.!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12