Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

First do what tigerblue suggested. Hold the alt button and press return arrow, keep alt ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

First do what tigerblue suggested. Hold the alt button and press return arrow, keep alt button depressed. Then use your trackball to scroll thru all your apps that are running, then post back. It should not be doing that even with the factory OS. I'm running factory .167 and mine work fine (att)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Which OS should I put on the bold. The Roger's site only have .162 listed. Who should I use for downloading the new OS of .237.

Thanks

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF
    WOW that really sucks, i would suggest try updatign software, and do a clean of application and memory card format
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF
    and the latest i have is: 4.6.0.247
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

Okay Chokem, I did the alt button and press return arrow, keep alt button depressed. The following showed up:

Call Log
    Browser
    Home Screen
    Blackberry Messenger
    Phone

What should I do now?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I run multiple apps at one time and mine doesn't slow down. I think your dealing with an OS issue. If you like the one you have I would say upgrade the OS to .247 and you'll notice a dramatic difference in everything. If you have any concerns about you device then I would take it back and get a new one then upgrade the OS. I'm on number two and I guess going to number three since I cracked the lcd in the left top corner. Anyway you go welcome to a BOLD new world. Peace

Thanks BHP77, which OS .247 should I use as Roger's in old.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    If you'll google Blackberry 4.6.0.247 OS you should come up with the link or you can search on berryreview.com and it should give you the link. I'll try and get some links posted for you for everything you'll need or do a search on here for upgrading the OS. .247 is a beta so it doesn't have a specific carrier right now as far as I know.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    This should be the link for upgrading instructions, http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...t=upgrading+OS

PIN/ID
    Apple
    This .247, http://www.berryreview.com/2009/03/0...-found-online/, hope this helps

Thanks BHP77, if I go ahead and put this beta OS on my bold does this void the warranty? Or should I replace the current bold I have and then put this OS on a new one. Just wondering what would be the best option???

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Well, if your happy with the one you have and there are no issues, ie.. You like the keyboard press, no squeaks from the battery cover, that kind of thing I think you'll be fine with the one that you have. If that doesn't give you peace of mind or you see or feel something your not happy with, return it. To answer your first ? I would say yes, the people at the store won't know any difference but when it gets back to the techs at HQ and they go to wipe the device they will see that it doesn't have the factory OS and they "could" void your warranty and charge you for both phones. That being said, you can always downgrade to the factory OS before you return it.

That sounds good BHP77. I really like the feel of the phone and keyboard etc. If I don't have to return I don't want to. The only other problem I am finding is the battery does very quickly, my curve really seemed to last longer. Do you think the new OS will improve battery life, and you really think putting a beta OS on the bold will be okay. Thanks for all your help with my questions.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    With what you say is running this is NOT normal behavior for ANY Bold. Take it back, seriously, unless you are already wed to this phone's PIN you should get another. It has problems YOU as much as you pay Roger's shouldn't have to deal with.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea, for sure the battery life should be better, I have decent for the amount of my usage. More people than not have reported increased battery time with .247, especially coming from the factory OS. The beta versions of OS's are no different than the official versions other than a carrier has pick one of the beta's to be available through their carrier website. That's what makes it official. All one in the same. You'll be fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast