Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Have had my bold for 2 days and now the hour glass keeps staying on. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold is Slow

Advertisement

Have had my bold for 2 days and now the hour glass keeps staying on. It is really slow with everything. Have done 2 battery pulls, helps for a bit than slows down again. Even when phone ringing and press talk button, the phone locks up for a about 20 to 30 seconds. Any suggestions, anyone else had any probems with their bold.

Thanks

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like a bunk unit. I would exchange it if you can. Did you load data from a previous blackberry? Some data from an older Blakcberry is not compatible with the newer OS on the Bold. Basic data like address book and SMS/Email info can be transfered.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Definitely not common. I just got my Bold last week and its lightening fast. Are you running the latest OS?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I'm running 4.6.0.162 OS, is this the latest for the Bold does anyone know. Also, I just put over my address book, nothing else.

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    All this can depend on how many apps you're running. I have several apps running and at one point I tried to run more than one I'm program and saw a massive slow down.

i have approx. 5 apps installed. I only use 1 at a time. Should this slow down my bold, or should I remove all the apps I installed. My curve never had this slow down and I have installed the same apps.

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    i have approx. 5 apps installed. I only use 1 at a time. Should this slow down my bold, or should I remove all the apps I installed. My curve never had this slow down and I have installed the same apps.
    Do any of these apps run in the background? If you press alt and the back button you can cycle through all open apps.

duilsko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25675D70
    That is an old OS, a lot pf people reported problems with it, You should upgrade the OS, read the forums to see which is best at the moment.

I had a few problems when I first got my Bold, I upgraded the OS to .237 and it works great, its fast (no hourglass), I have been running this OS for a few weeks without any problems at all.
    Do a search for the os and you will find the download. Upgrading is easy, do a search on this site and you will find instructions.

Best of Luck

If a new software is out, why would Rogers not sell the bold with the new OS on it. Should I take it back and see if there is a bold with new OS or do the update myself?

PIN/ID
    25675D70
    A lot of these OS's upgrades are Beta's and not offical releases, so you wont find them installed on any BB you purchase from a network, so the only way is to do it yourself.

Read the forums and get as much info as you can before you make a decision on which to go for.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    All BOLDs run the same OS out of the box. As far as an OS update you will have to do it yourself. I would reccomend returning your BOLD to Rogers first.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Update the OS yourself Kimberly...the OS on the bold is what came from the factory. Look on the Bold 9000 forums on this site. The first couple of sticky posts deal woth current op systems....you can learn everything you need to know there!! .237 is a good stable one as previously mentioned but there are lots. Each seems to work differently depending on ur phones particular temperment...ask lots of questions and u will get the help u need from fellow stackers!!

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Tiger is right! If u haven't passed ur 30 minute limit u should be fine!

I'm with Rogers, does anyone suggest a specific OS or should .237 be fine. Also, my phone is only 2 days old and I should get a replacement without any problem, but if I'm getting the same OS why not just update mine. What we be better.

PIN/ID
    25675D70
    Update the OS, if it works then keep the phone, if not take it back. I don't know how returns work where you are, here in Ireland you have 28 days with electronics in which to exchange or get a refund.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast