Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by btompkins0112 Did y'all not see that RIM saw HUGE gains in revenue ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Did y'all not see that RIM saw HUGE gains in revenue in the 3rd quarter of '09?? Not everyone wants toy phones like the iPhone and Android.
    Hey, nobody loves BlackBerry more than me, but you've got to admit that the UI on them has become stale. It's the same old operating systems just packaged differently. I want to see something newer, faster, with more apps and options.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Of course, we all want more and better ! Whether you own a BB, an Android, an iPhone, a Nokia, a HtC whatever !
    BHP77, buddy, you knock BB so much I wonder why you have one at all ? I got a HTC Tattoo this week and it didn't work for me ! Didn't like the fact that all my info that I synced was incomplete, didn't like the fact that Google, as Apple,is restrictive and use all your information for their commercial ends and god knows what etc, etc !But I don't knock the product ! It' a free world (so far, because with Microsoft, Google and Apple they don't see it that way - this is another very serious discussion..) so everyone has a choice...and if it doesn't work for you, let it go ,

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Its not that I don't like BB, I do, I've had one for many many years. They do what I need I need it to do very well but the last outage doesn't sit well with me. Trust me, I really do want to see BB back at the front of things like they used to be. They still have the best on device keyboard of any device. BBM is awesome, it just seems that they have fallen back in quality control and are just releasing the same device over and over. Nothing new. I guess also its the updating of the OS that has gotten to me also, although I like to tinker I've gotten to the point that when I do "update" I would like something new, not fixes or lack there of, of simple issues. I think I'm just fed up with BB and its ways, great device and they have served me well for many years. They will still serve many for many years to come. I'm sure I will buy the next one released if it seems they have made significant changes. At this point del, I'm too busy to have to worry about updating the OS to fix something and taking the chance that I'll get another problem that's unknown, the point of the upgrade is to get something that better not trading one issue for another. So, to answer your question del, I have one because I've had one for many years and its hard to let go of an old friend, even if he is outdated. When the nexus comes out it will be retired to the drawer. I won't sell this one because its been a great device but not without headaches. So, we'll see I really do want to see BB where they used to be, they just need to fall from grace so they can see that.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJerk View Post
    Went to pick up a Bold II tonight...my impression - its a cheap toy...its flimsy, buttons are difficult to work...definitely not for me. The track pad seems overly sensitive, hard to "stop" where needed. Not to mention that ATT insurance on this phone requires a $125 deductable (if you break it) on top of the monthly $5 charges, really.

ATT may have lost a customer...they have been charging me insurance on a phone that doesn't qualify for insurance!! And if my 8700 BB doesn't qualify, then I'll bet the two Motorola V551s on my account don't qualify either...

Needless to say, it didn't come home with me...and I had been looking forward to buying this phone for over a month. I guess I'm going to look at an Curve 8900.

YMMV
    I have an 8900 and love it. It runs very smooth and not much hour glass issues compared to my 8320. Plenty of memory for apps. My concern with the Bold2 is also the keyboard. I do like the trackpad.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Great keyboard, a definite step up from your 8900.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Its not that I don't like BB, I do, I've had one for many many years. They do what I need I need it to do very well but the last outage doesn't sit well with me. Trust me, I really do want to see BB back at the front of things like they used to be. They still have the best on device keyboard of any device. BBM is awesome, it just seems that they have fallen back in quality control and are just releasing the same device over and over. Nothing new. I guess also its the updating of the OS that has gotten to me also, although I like to tinker I've gotten to the point that when I do "update" I would like something new, not fixes or lack there of, of simple issues. I think I'm just fed up with BB and its ways, great device and they have served me well for many years. They will still serve many for many years to come. I'm sure I will buy the next one released if it seems they have made significant changes. At this point del, I'm too busy to have to worry about updating the OS to fix something and taking the chance that I'll get another problem that's unknown, the point of the upgrade is to get something that better not trading one issue for another. So, to answer your question del, I have one because I've had one for many years and its hard to let go of an old friend, even if he is outdated. When the nexus comes out it will be retired to the drawer. I won't sell this one because its been a great device but not without headaches. So, we'll see I really do want to see BB where they used to be, they just need to fall from grace so they can see that.
    In this I agree.
    As far as tinkering with OS I've also decided to stand back and not do it. Actually I've gone back to the original and since then I'had no problems ! We are a bunch of curious guys wanting to explore of course, but not always for the better. RIM might want to chgange the whole OS syndrome, and I hope they do ! No more tinkering...as long as the final software is full proof !
    But look at Nokia - the Symbian is on it's way out and they want to implement a OS on their own !
    Apple will try to do the same thing in the near future but maybe they will be more restricted because the OS shares some basics with their PC.
    Blackberry is freer in this aspect - I just hope they take advantage of this fact and move forward.
    Android is the in thing now, especially with the muscle of Google behind it. Palm will forever be trying to catch up and WM, I think, is in a conumdrum !
    For us BB "lovers" we just hope they listen and really put their surveys to use and come and accomodate our ever expandimg wishes !
    Keep well and have a Happy New Year !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234