Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by BHP77 I have insurance for one reason, this is a $500 device, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I have insurance for one reason, this is a $500 device, no matter how much you paid for it during the "hot new item" promotions. If you ever need to replace it for any unforeseen reasons outside of manufacturers defect, that's what it will cost you. So, IMO, and this is just me, I would much rather pay $4 a month, and a $150 deductible rather than $500. To the OP, you seem to have issues with att themselves, over what, we don't know and no need to explain. Its your business. I will tell you this, if you were to say drive down the road and hit a telephone pole through no fault of your own, say a dog ran out in front of you, whatever. You know what, you HAVE to pay your deductible or you don't get your car fixed, right. Right. So to b+-ch about having to pay something is, for lack of a better word right now, STUPID. Its the way it works and I for one am thankful, because I've had to use it before because of some mishaps. At those times, the $4 a month and $150 deductible was a lot cheaper than buying the SAME DEVICE outright again.
    Great post!

I agree, when the price of the phone is so high without subsidies, the insurance makes a lot of sense.

mynameisJAYR85 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158552F
    I love my Bold coming from a 8900. It feels alot more sturdy and the trackpad takes no time to adjust to.

Sounds like your issues are with ATT & not the Blackberry.

8900's are so 2009. You should really reconsider the 9700.
    I'm a Blackberry Bold...lookin for my Sidekick

battlephrog no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just got my 9700 yesterday. Got the 9000 the first week they were available and loved it. Y'all had me thinking I wasn't going to like the 9700 but I gave it a whirl anyway. So far, love it. I have large hands too and have no prob typing with one thumb as I always do. OS 5.0 is great (check for updates, mine had one avail). Everything is great and I love the track pad. I'd recommend it to anyone. My only gripe is the OEM holster. Can't stand it but has nothing to do with the device itself.

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    wow see i went to ATT to play with it this morning and still think it is just as awesome if not better than my 9000. I havent upgraded yet because i havent found the time or $ yet to make it happen. Christmas killed me! lol! Its coming soon though!!!

PIN/ID
    2158552F
    Quote Originally Posted by battlephrog View Post
    Just got my 9700 yesterday. Got the 9000 the first week they were available and loved it. Y'all had me thinking I wasn't going to like the 9700 but I gave it a whirl anyway. So far, love it. I have large hands too and have no prob typing with one thumb as I always do. OS 5.0 is great (check for updates, mine had one avail). Everything is great and I love the track pad. I'd recommend it to anyone. My only gripe is the OEM holster. Can't stand it but has nothing to do with the device itself.
    I love mines too and I have big hands as well. It's my fave Berry and Im never goin back to a trackball EVER!

I think the trackpad on the Baby Bold / Curve 9700 is brilliant.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    the trackpad is great, should have been on the 9000. its not like the technology wasnt there then.

the trackpad is great, should have been on the 9000. its not like the technology wasnt there then.
    So true, RIM lost me when they hyped the "fact" they were upgrading the Bold, but then upgraded the Curve and slapped the Bold name on it instead. The 8900 was already late coming to market, but then to get the trackpad first, speaks volumes about RIM's eractic choices. Are they coming or going? Do they know?

PIN/ID
    2158552F
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    I think the trackpad on the Baby Bold / Curve 9700 is brilliant.
    What's a feature on the 9000 Bold that's not on 9700???

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisJAYR85 View Post
    What's a feature on the 9000 Bold that's not on 9700???
    That's the point!

RIM said they were refreshing and upgrading the Bold 9000, only to give the improvements to the Baby Bold / Curve 9700. They took the exisiting form factor of of the 8900 and slapped the Bold name on it, gave it a new number along with a trackpad and a few other mods. Then expected the gullible to think it is a Bold. And they did! RIM outsmarted them.

Only a move the RIM would make. In many ways, they've lost their way and it's showing. Which for Apple and Android is the best news ever.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I think they're just have their noses in the air thinking the are the great makers of BB. THE device to have.... 2 years ago. If they can't see what Apple and Google are doing to the industry they are just blind or to arrogant to realize they are becoming outdated.either way they are losing.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I think they're just have their noses in the air thinking the are the great makers of BB. THE device to have.... 2 years ago. If they can't see what Apple and Google are doing to the industry they are just blind or to arrogant to realize they are becoming outdated.either way they are losing.
    I agree. But dont think they dont have something up their sleeve, they didnt get to where they are by being stupid-they see what's going on.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm sure they have plans for something. Still, RIM used to be the ones on the cutting edge with their technology. Today it seems as if their either playing catch up(Storm1&2) or releasing devices with minimal upgrades (Bold9700). I have no clue what they may be planning and I'm waiting to hear the rumors but at this point,whatever it is, I think it will look like they're trying to get a market share of what apple and google has now instead of being the leaders and letting the others play catch up. Don't get me wrong, I love my berrys, they are great devices, they're just getting outdated and it doesn't seem like they're trying to keep up with what is going on. I love tinkering and seeing how much I can do with a "phone" but that's not the majority of people with BBs or any other smartphone. That's what made the iphone the huge success it has become. The average joe can get it, take it out of the box and it works and works very, very well. I looks great, tons of apps for everything under the sun and if you just want to make a phone call or text it does that equally as well. I don't mind updating OS after OS, its kinda fun, but I do enjoy focusing on what I can do with my iphone rather than trying to fix simple issue that shouldn't be there in the first place by "updating" the OS.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did y'all not see that RIM saw HUGE gains in revenue in the 3rd quarter of '09?? Not everyone wants toy phones like the iPhone and Android.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    BB has a good thing going for it, the BES market is huge for them. No sure, not every one wants a iphone or google, but what those 3rd quarter gains don't show is how many were returned, how many are defective...how many people have issues and are not on Pinstack. I mean, just for example, the new 9700. Myself,as a BB user for many years was excited about this one, and its a great BB, but it has issues, you mean to tell me that when they went over this device internally at RIM no one noticed that when they got a text I didn't show the name. ????, that is kind of sad. What were they doing? Arnt they supposed to test it BEFORE they release it. I understand updates with OS, everyone does it and should but no one is trying to fix simple things like RIM. No one. Period. The recent outage with service is inexcusable, I wonder how many people brought there new BB back and got a android or iphone. To call the iphone or android "toy phones" is kinda silly, because my toy phone was sending emails, browsing the web, making phone calls and making me money while my "real" smartphone was sitting there like a dumb phone, able to make calls.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast