Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

3G in SoCal with TMO has been flawless for me thus far, I am never ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

3G in SoCal with TMO has been flawless for me thus far, I am never without it and it is mighty fast! But I'm sure it struggles in less dense areas of the country by far
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJerk View Post
    Went to pick up a Bold II tonight...my impression - its a cheap toy...its flimsy, buttons are difficult to work...definitely not for me. The track pad seems overly sensitive, hard to "stop" where needed. Not to mention that ATT insurance on this phone requires a $125 deductable (if you break it) on top of the monthly $5 charges, really.

ATT may have lost a customer...they have been charging me insurance on a phone that doesn't qualify for insurance!! And if my 8700 BB doesn't qualify, then I'll bet the two Motorola V551s on my account don't qualify either...

Needless to say, it didn't come home with me...and I had been looking forward to buying this phone for over a month. I guess I'm going to look at an Curve 8900.

YMMV
    Compared to my 8700, the 9700 is very cheap feeling...it was flexing in my hand as I was typing and using the trackpad. The buttons are very hard to feel (I have bigger hands), compared to a standard BB keyboard like that of the Curve or my 8700c.

They told me I was being charged insurance on my 8700c, and it doesn't qualify for insurance coverage...in short, I'm paying for something I couldn't collect. The fact that the Bold II requires a $125 deductable on a phone your paying 1/3 the cost of upfront to "upgrade" to doesn't sit well with me either...they claimed it was because the Bold costs so much, but one could also interpret that because they expect a batch of returns.

I am looking at the 8900 right now...may just take a 8310 curve since the one my Wife has has been trouble free.
    Dude, you are all over the place. I'm not following you on this one. You say your impression of the 9700 is, "..a cheap toy....flimsy...buttons difficult to work".... Are you kidding me??? Flexing in your hand?? Are you IronMan or something?? Were you trying to break the Dummy Unit?? And so now you say you're looking at the same form factor (8900) who's keyboard buttons are a tad bit smaller?? Not. Making. Sense to me... Go back to your dinosaur (8700). It sounds like your beef is with AT&T and they're ridiculous policy as opposed to the build quality of the 9700. I've had the Javelin since day one it dropped on TMo, the build quality of the Onyx I have is clearly better. My battery door cover doesn't wiggle and neither does my keyboard. With my Javelin, I've had zero problems with my trackball (it doesn't go in my pocket) but for the optical trackpad alone, is enough to upgrade. Faster processor and better camera of any blackberry to date.

Yes, the Javelin, Tour, Storm1&2 and Onyx all share the same 3.2MP AF w/LED Flash but the Onyx has a better lens and therefore will take better pics and video. Javelin, Tour, S1 and S2 have a video resolution of 240x176, the 9700 has a resolution of.....wait for it.....wait for it.... 480x352 @30fps!!! You said you've been waiting for this phone and yet you clearly haven't done any of your homework. Enjoy your unsupported 5.0 OS that's not going on your device and plunge yourself back to the days of the pager.
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 11-29-2009 at 07:15 AM.
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Did not give it much of a chance, but maybe it is not for you.

AND the track pad has adjustments and IS too sensitive by default it is set a 70% and I prefer 40-50%. Good luck with your trackwheel.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi greg - the buddy has, obviously, a gripe with his service provider. I would also be upset about the situation, but none of his reasons against the BB (I think any later BB model) are valid. If the BB 9700 is so bad, I wonder what the buddy has to say about the previous models.
    If I can, and if the buddy allows my opinion, I suggest he iron out the problems with the service provider, and then re-evaluate the 9700, (or any other BB for that matter).
    He´ll see them with other "eyes" and mind...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Went to pick up a Bold II tonight...my impression - its a cheap toy...its flimsy, buttons are difficult to work...definitely not for me.

Buttons difficult to work? I had that problem when I switched from an 8100 to the 8120...THAT was difficult for about a week. And I have large hands for a female.

Flimsy? I don't know where that can even come from. I have never had a phone that's bendable like that description.

Trackpad difficult to adjust? Look for options to adjust the sensitivity.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-29-2009 at 10:52 PM.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Oh man! I miss my 8700c as well! The next best thing is the Bold 9000 pal. The only modern BB that comes close in size. And the keyboard types really well! The 8700 typed and ran like a beast! I loved/miss the scroll wheel. I would love to see rim bring this back, if nothing else for email scrolling. A big part of me wants to go back to it, but would miss the camera, wifi, and gps too much.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Compared to my 8700, the 9700 is very cheap feeling...it was flexing in my hand as I was typing and using the trackpad. The buttons are very hard to feel (I have bigger hands), compared to a standard BB keyboard like that of the Curve or my 8700c.

They told me I was being charged insurance on my 8700c, and it doesn't qualify for insurance coverage...in short, I'm paying for something I couldn't collect. The fact that the Bold II requires a $125 deductable on a phone your paying 1/3 the cost of upfront to "upgrade" to doesn't sit well with me either...they claimed it was because the Bold costs so much, but one could also interpret that because they expect a batch of returns.

I am looking at the 8900 right now...may just take a 8310 curve since the one my Wife has has been trouble free.
    You say your hands are big? If you want something with a large keyboard, 3G, and is a great phone, I have a Bold 9000 for sale (just bought the 9700 and love it). Its a 10/10 and AT&T branded but I will unlock it if requested. Comes with a 2gig mini SD, car charger, ear buds, 1 silicone case and one blackberry leather case....just throwing it out there.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Im planning to get the Bold 2 in the morning. Its a BIG upgrade from the Pearl Flip. Now dont get me wrong, My Flip has served me well for the last year, but i want 3G. and a more solid worling phone. "Flipsilver" has been lagging more in recent weeks and my trackball Mysteriously started getting on my last nerve too! I cant explain it, but i think the BB-Powers-that-be are trying to tell me to make the jump. And jump i will.I does sound like the OP has issues with AT&T and not really with the phone. May i make a suggestion......T-Mobile!Resistance IS futile. LOL
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2
    I second that there is no way you can call the bold 2 "flimsy". I have had a pearl and curve 8320 and the bold 2 is the most solid and sturdy feeling one I've ever held. It feels like it's made of metal instead of plastic like the pearl and curve. Not to mention I think it's got the most attractive finish of any BB out there. Are you sure we're talking about the same phone here??

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorJud View Post
    I second that there is no way you can call the bold 2 "flimsy". I have had a pearl and curve 8320 and the bold 2 is the most solid and sturdy feeling one I've ever held. It feels like it's made of metal instead of plastic like the pearl and curve. Not to mention I think it's got the most attractive finish of any BB out there. Are you sure we're talking about the same phone here??
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you think the 9700 is flimsy then the 8900 must be junk. I am a very happy T-Mobile customer, the customer service is a breath of fresh air compared to anyone else. Getting back to the 9700, it is in my opinion the very best phone that BB has to offer. I have very strong hands and the feeling I get is nothing but satisfaction when I use it. Granted the keyboard takes a little time to get use to but after a little practice I'm loving it. Get one, you won't be sorry. JUST MY OPINION.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3
    Compared to my 8700, the 9700 is very cheap feeling...it was flexing in my hand as I was typing
    i dont know what you're talking about here. I just got my bold 2 last night and it has not flexed in my hand at all. how hard are you squeezing the phone for it to flex??
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i'm lulzing at these people telling him to switch to tmo for the 9700 if he doesn't like att's. THEY ARE THE SAME PHONE.

the 9700 is not a cheap feeling phone. compared maybe to the 9000 yes, but it can't even be compared to the 8900, it's 348570348520x better. the 8900 is very cheap feeling and while the 9700 is similar in design, it's not in terms of quality.

and to the op - insurance is not for returns. that's what warranty is for. insurance is if YOU damage the phone, like dropping it, water damage, etc.

sounds kinda like "the jerk" really is a jerk and doesn't really know what he's talking about.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    i just got the 9700 today and so far i rly like it, i got it for 175, nothing to cry about. Didnt get insurance, why do i need one? the phone has a great feel to it, its nice "put" togethere. Nothing moves, not even one pieace. The keyboard is the same as on the bold maybe little smaller. the trackpad is the best part of the phone its rly great! as to the 8900, i hate it. The keyboard moves while i type, the back coves moves too, buttons are rly hard to press. the atomic trackball sucks too.. srry but im my eyes 9700 is the best
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I have insurance for one reason, this is a $500 device, no matter how much you paid for it during the "hot new item" promotions. If you ever need to replace it for any unforeseen reasons outside of manufacturers defect, that's what it will cost you. So, IMO, and this is just me, I would much rather pay $4 a month, and a $150 deductible rather than $500. To the OP, you seem to have issues with att themselves, over what, we don't know and no need to explain. Its your business. I will tell you this, if you were to say drive down the road and hit a telephone pole through no fault of your own, say a dog ran out in front of you, whatever. You know what, you HAVE to pay your deductible or you don't get your car fixed, right. Right. So to b+-ch about having to pay something is, for lack of a better word right now, STUPID. Its the way it works and I for one am thankful, because I've had to use it before because of some mishaps. At those times, the $4 a month and $150 deductible was a lot cheaper than buying the SAME DEVICE outright again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast