Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Went to pick up a Bold II tonight...my impression - its a cheap toy...its flimsy, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

TheJerk no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold II, not in my pocket...

Advertisement

Went to pick up a Bold II tonight...my impression - its a cheap toy...its flimsy, buttons are difficult to work...definitely not for me. The track pad seems overly sensitive, hard to "stop" where needed. Not to mention that ATT insurance on this phone requires a $125 deductable (if you break it) on top of the monthly $5 charges, really.

ATT may have lost a customer...they have been charging me insurance on a phone that doesn't qualify for insurance!! And if my 8700 BB doesn't qualify, then I'll bet the two Motorola V551s on my account don't qualify either...

Needless to say, it didn't come home with me...and I had been looking forward to buying this phone for over a month. I guess I'm going to look at an Curve 8900.

YMMV

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    What are you talking about they are charging you insurance for a phone that doesn't qualify? Every phone qualifies except the iPhone

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry to hear this bud. The trackpad sensor is adjustable. If this was your only gripe...the problem it seems, is something else, regarding AT&T and the insurance. Don't blame the BB !

Compared to my 8700, the 9700 is very cheap feeling...it was flexing in my hand as I was typing and using the trackpad. The buttons are very hard to feel (I have bigger hands), compared to a standard BB keyboard like that of the Curve or my 8700c.

They told me I was being charged insurance on my 8700c, and it doesn't qualify for insurance coverage...in short, I'm paying for something I couldn't collect. The fact that the Bold II requires a $125 deductable on a phone your paying 1/3 the cost of upfront to "upgrade" to doesn't sit well with me either...they claimed it was because the Bold costs so much, but one could also interpret that because they expect a batch of returns.

I am looking at the 8900 right now...may just take a 8310 curve since the one my Wife has has been trouble free.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    They are good phones, especially the 8900 -- good luck buddy.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Stick with the 8310 if you're okay with the memory capacity if you want an upgrade and still want the trackball I'd say go with the 8900 and it'll also come with more memory (onboard memory) that is. The 9700 is not for everyone. Change is never a good thing for everyone. It takes time to adjust to something new. However, I respect your decision. Save your upgrade for the next bb that'll actually make you change phones if not you could always check out some of the other phones AT&T has to offer, doesn't necessarily have to be a bb. Just don't go LG lol those things are just silly but hey that's just me. Hopefully you'll find a device that accomodates your needs. I'm enjoying my 9700 though because it suits me; again, not for everyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences. Once again good luck
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

It has to be a BB...I'm not a fan of touch screens (like the "feel" of keys) and I like a solid feeling phone.

As for the 8310, I have lived with the limited memory (and associated memory drain) of this 8700c for well over a year. This 8700 really became a nice phone after upgrading the OS to 4.5. If the trackwheel wasn't giving fits, I would continue to use it until it dies.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    coming from a trackwell to a 8310 would be a nice step. Hey baby steps man, take it easy . I think the trackball would be a nice upgrade for you coming from a 8700 especially running 4.5. I loved my 8310 to death but as I look back I don't think I'll go back to it. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome work horse but I've grown out of it. I used to own it for 2 years. My 8900 for half a year and although I didn't have it for that long of a period I was annoyed with the trackball already. I had it for 5 months and had already changed the trackball twice. I'm a hardcore bb user and my bb's getting abused left and right emailling/texting/browsing/media you name it I do. The trackball's quite a relief for me and my thumbs lol. No more dealing replacing it or cleaning it. You'll love the 8310 though

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Wow coming from my 8900, the Bold feels way more solid than any other berry out there. And I go play with them all. I started my berry life with a Pearl, then an 8320, and then the 8900, and now this 9700. I looooove this phone!!! The track pad, the keyboard, screen, speed, everything about it is just perfect imo now. This thing gave me an O the first time I held it and still does Maybe you just were playin with a crappy individual unit there or ATT got a bad batch. My TMO Bold is fantastic, hardy, solid, and feels amazing whenever I use it!!

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    The 9700 feels a lot more solid than any bb next to a bold. Curve series in general to me is flimsy and cheap because its geared toward consumer (vs. Enterprise). At&t didn't offer insurance for smartphones back when the 8700 was around (depending on how long ago you got). The deductible of 125 is better than paying 450 if something happens to the phone esp within the first 12 months). don't know but to me there's no reason to buy a non-3g bb at this point. If the 9700 isn't for you then I'd wait for the next release

nuangel1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    you have to get what works for you .my 1st bb is an 8310 i have had 2 yrs memory was never issue for me i use os 4.5 and take off things in os i don't need .but i just got an upgrade and went with the 9700.i also looked at 8900 .i don't mind trackball and i like curve keyboard.but i wanted faster browser and 3 g.

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Not tryin to flame. But, I don't know what u r talkin about with this "flimsy" comment. Sounds like u need to leave ATT. Go look at a 9700 over at TMO. Nothing about mine seems "flimsy". On the big finger tip. Now, that is a comment that makes sense. Really ATT aint all that left them for TMO and got 2 BB for the same service and price as I was paying ATT. They blood suckers!!!!

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Since you don't like your bb maybe you should wait for the curve 2 tats the phone I'm waiting for or some other future bb n you should ditch at&t

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    See!!!!! LOL

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If you're gonna keep waiting for the next best bb to come out you'll never own what you want. You're gonna keep limiting yourself until you're left with nothing but an outdated phone in your hands.

Enjoy what you can get now don't wait forever to get the ultimate because technology's nothing but a revolving door one day you have a 9700 and the next you might have a curve 3 or 4 the next and if you keep waiting; well, I think you get my point...

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. All companies take advantage of you in one way or another. AT&T has provided me with non interrupted service no outages like they had not too long ago at TMO and not to mention their so called 3G.

Then again it all depends how the service is around your area...We could sit here all day long disputing which carrier is the best but actually you should do some research and see which carrier has the best reception around your area and go with the phone that actually works for you and within that carrier. Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast