okay...my email did NOT look like this on my curve...all my emails have tons of ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lilvalval no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold HTML email gripe: How to get Plain Text?

Advertisement

okay...my email did NOT look like this on my curve...all my emails have tons of text, symbols, and numbers before the actual email starts...like a paragraph of just stuff...i guess this is html code.

I know I can click "get plain text" once i'm in each email...but I don't want to have to do that to EVERY single email. Is there a way to set it up so that all email is defaulted to Plain text?...

OR is there something wrong w/ my bold that my html email is just showing up in code?

any advice? Thanks!!

OH! i found out how! in case anyone else is wondering...

from messages folder go to options> email settings>Enable HTML email: NO

NOW, i'm turning it off b/c it is only displaying html code, not an image or anything....is there something wrong w/ my phone? SHOULD it be displaying the html email and its just not working?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Externally linked images in these e-mails will always require you to "request" them by pressing the BB menu button from within the e-mail and selecting Get Image(s).

This article has a brief explanation of it in the final "Note".

Regards,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Externally linked images in these e-mails will always require you to "request" them by pressing the BB menu button from within the e-mail and selecting Get Image(s).

This article has a brief explanation of it in the final "Note".

Regards,
    Roger
    oh ok! Thanks! i just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong w/ my phone!