Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had an experience like this except my Pearl fell out of my pocket into ... BlackBerry Bold forum

pyne11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I had an experience like this except my Pearl fell out of my pocket into a toilet and didn't notice it there till 8 hours later when i woke up. I took the battery and trackball out and took the hairdryer to attempt to soak up the water behind the screen, it took about a couple hours of hairdrying it then let it sit for a day or two then 1 week for no condensation behind the screen and all that it affected was the speaker which doesnt work anymore but i usually only use vibrate anyways so it doesnt bother me.

nbwitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pyne11 View Post
    I had an experience like this except my Pearl fell out of my pocket into a toilet and didn't notice it there till 8 hours later when i woke up. I took the battery and trackball out and took the hairdryer to attempt to soak up the water behind the screen, it took about a couple hours of hairdrying it then let it sit for a day or two then 1 week for no condensation behind the screen and all that it affected was the speaker which doesnt work anymore but i usually only use vibrate anyways so it doesnt bother me.
    Everybody I have actually spoken to told me it's only going to work for about a month and then the corrosion will take over. I hope your promising good fortune is contagious. I really like this phone so far.

pyne11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well I can tell you it has not been taken over by the corrosion. This happened this New Year's Eve and its been about what, 3 months...going on 4 now. Working perfect other then the speakers which are toast. Vibrate is all I use anyways so its perfect to me still thank god haha.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Glad to hear your Bold is working. That's always been one of my worst BB nightmares. I was on a boat yesterday and had visions of my Bold somehow leaping into the water from inside my backpack. It was scary for me. I had heard the rice trick worked from alot of people.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

ursacat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205cafd8
    I just got back from Chicago where I stupidly took the Bold out in a driving rainstorm. Seems to work fine although the screen looks a little "Cloudy" when with a mostly white background (like on the mail screen) and when viewed from an angle. The "little white dot" next to the SIM card is still there however. Took a little blow dryer action and the "cloud" is shrinking. We'll see.

Ursacat

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Everyone needs to keep a large bag of sealed rice for an emergency like this!

Not joking. If it is just sitting in your cabinet open and in a box the humidity will be the same as your house. If it is sealed from the factory in a moisture proof bag, it is better. You can also spread your moisture ridden rid out in a pan and pop it in your oven on low.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12