Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need some advise, better yet, anyone have any good luck and have a good ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nbwitt no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down bold goes for a swim

Advertisement

I need some advise, better yet, anyone have any good luck and have a good survival story? I've had my bold for 6 days now. I love the phone, I've upgreaded the software to .247, all the programs are working, love the phone.

I was cleaning my pool this morning and slipped, the phone was in my pocket. I jumped out of the pool as quick as I could, grabbed my phone, it was working. Took the battery out and I am waiting for it to dry. Anybody know where the water damage tattle tale is at on the bold?

Is it likely if it dries long enough that it will operate correctly if at all? Anybod have any past experience? I miss my bold and am now using my curve...again. :cry:

superfigz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Let it dry out completely and then give it a run. In my experience, i had more issues with my sim card when it got when than the device itself. I hope it works when it dries!

God I hope so. I called AT&T, and they said that I didn't have insurance on the phone. I've extended the contract only 6 days ago and there was no assistance they could give me. I cringe at the idea of spending 550.00 for the phone at retail price.

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Put some rice in a bag then put your bold in the
    Bag to soak up the moisture. Or use some silica
    Gel packs if you have them. Let it dry out really
    Well before you try and power it up.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Nb, as everyone said-DO not get in a hurry, let I dry out twice as long as you think you should. If you are patient, it should work fine.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Just keep the batt away from. The phone n keep the phone without the battery cover and let it dry for a while, be pattience!

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Give it several DAYS.
    I dropped a Storm into a cup of coffee and it worked even though the bottom buttons were a bit sticky.

rickforwreaths no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Years ago I dropped my Flip phone into a bucket of latex paint. I very quickly pulled the battery and rinced all of the paint away with hot water. Then I let it dry on top of a warm stove for a couple of days. Then put it in a bag with dry rice for a week. The phone worked for a year until the speaker gave out So I upgraded.

Good news... I let my beloved phone sit in the sun for 8 hours, and moved it inside after blowing compressed air through it as much as I could. I put it in a bag of rice as big dog suggested. It sat for 30 hours in sun, rice and compressed air. I couldn't take it any longer, I put the batter in and, knock on wood, it is working flawlessly. I hope it continues to, I love this phone.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    good to hear that lucky you!
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

rickforwreaths no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Yea......Rice!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Now you have to tell us, did the moisture tab, inside, turn red? How about the battery moisture tab?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    Now you have to tell us, did the moisture tab, inside, turn red? How about the battery moisture tab?
    Oh yes, they are both red. The phone tag is completely red, and the battery tag is splotchy red/white.

I thought the rice idea was a little crazy, but I've used rice in my salt shakers since I was a kid living with my parents house and it worked. I figured I may as well try it, did it work? it didn't hurt.

I am shocked that it is working, and as far as I can tell, it is working good. Audio quality is great, hits the net, e-mail, gps etc. with no hick-ups yet. I may be counting my chickens before they hatch, but I am grateful. I hope there is no corrosion I have to deal with later down the road.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    what about using a blow dryer on it... take off the back and try and get some airflow through it to dry it out ?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast