Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 The Pearl may have SureType which is 2 letters per key ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The Pearl may have SureType which is 2 letters per key but it takes practice to learn the keys on the keyboard. I still consider it a keyboard even though its smaller.
    I type much faster on the Pearl series than the only full keyboard BlackBerry I owned (7730).
    In my experience, I had to "throw away my old thinking" and embrace change. Once I decided to go very slow and type deliberately, suddenly my speed and accuracy on a Sure-Type BlackBerry increased very nicely. Then after just about two weeks I was extremely fast, and accurate with SureType. I find SureType a fantastic and very clever solution which allows RIM to make a small keyboard which in turn allows a nice small form factor for the phone.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    In my experience, I had to "throw away my old thinking" and embrace change. Once I decided to go very slow and type deliberately, suddenly my speed and accuracy on a Sure-Type BlackBerry increased very nicely. Then after just about two weeks I was extremely fast, and accurate with SureType. I find SureType a fantastic and very clever solution which allows RIM to make a small keyboard which in turn allows a nice small form factor for the phone.
    agreed! suretype was such a smart move on RIM's part when they decided to start making phone shaped blackberrys.
    i actually love suretype and i cant wait to get my hands on the 8220 !

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i actually love suretype and i cant wait to get my hands on the 8220 !
    You are going to really love the 8220. Mine has far exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier. My first SureType BlackBerry was an AT&T 7130c. To think that in a fit of impatience I nearly gave up on SureType after just a day. Then I said to myself "wait a minute, this was designed by highly creative engineers, it must have merit, and if they can use it so can I". That was the turning point for me. After re framing how I looked at it, slowing way down and adapting, it became my all time favorite. The keys on the 7130 were perfect with nice spacing. However demand for super thin, super small devices led to the Pearl which was and is, a bit small for me. Especially the keyboard. However I did not let that stop me from buying and using one. Well needless to say, I'm super happy with the 8220 because the keyboard is much larger than a Pearl, it also has my favorite flap topped regular keys with nice spacing. It's been just over a week since I picked it up and the speed with which I can compose emails is just amazing. In addition, as I'm sure you know, each new revision or new model of BB which comes with SureType includes the latest more improved software. Thus the software behind the SureType system on the 8220 is simply superb. I rate this BlackBerry the highest value model of all.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    You are going to really love the 8220. Mine has far exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier. My first SureType BlackBerry was an AT&T 7130c. To think that in a fit of impatience I nearly gave up on SureType after just a day. Then I said to myself "wait a minute, this was designed by highly creative engineers, it must have merit, and if they can use it so can I". That was the turning point for me. After re framing how I looked at it, slowing way down and adapting, it became my all time favorite. The keys on the 7130 were perfect with nice spacing. However demand for super thin, super small devices led to the Pearl which was and is, a bit small for me. Especially the keyboard. However I did not let that stop me from buying and using one. Well needless to say, I'm super happy with the 8220 because the keyboard is much larger than a Pearl, it also has my favorite flap topped regular keys with nice spacing. It's been just over a week since I picked it up and the speed with which I can compose emails is just amazing. In addition, as I'm sure you know, each new revision or new model of BB which comes with SureType includes the latest more improved software. Thus the software behind the SureType system on the 8220 is simply superb. I rate this BlackBerry the highest value model of all.
    just like i reassured you concerning the bold keyboard you just reassured me concerning the 8220. thanks Leonard ill be looking forward to pick it up!

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'm in the uk and went from the 8120 pearl to the bold. I loved the pearl for its size etc, all its functions. And loved the look of the bold but wasnt sure of its size. still not sure although i love it for the quality of the screen and the kyboard is fine. its just the damn size i'm not sure if i'm ever going to love it for that. but the the power of the thing the quality of the screen its a good phone, maybe because of the size of the phone i'll have to get one of those belt pouch things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12