Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a Bold that I've had for just over a week. I've noticed that ... BlackBerry Bold forum

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7

Bold Error

Advertisement

I have a Bold that I've had for just over a week. I've noticed that at least once a day, when I'm on the web browser, I get the error message: 'Input system. The system is being restarted'. It won't let me do anything more in the web browser, and I have to do a battery pull in order to fix it.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this error message, or do I have a faulty handset?

I've seen threads on this, but nothing specifically of the bold, or the message only appearing in the web browser (unless I'm not looking properly, in which case, apologies)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I'm tired of constant battery pulls!

waddeng no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't seen this before, but what version of the OS are you running? I am running .167 and found that it is the best one yet!

PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    I feel so out of touch...but I'll ask-how do I know what O.S I'm on?

Also, I've just looked in my 'status' folder, and my IP address is 0.0.0.0. How do I find out what my IP address should be? I've discovered that I can't connect on wirelessly at work, as it says that there is no IP address...which there isnt! It connects fine on my home WiFi though....any ideas?

To find your OS go to Options -> About (it should be on the 3'rd line).

If you are on the cell network, I don't think you will get an IP address. Does your work have a wireless network? Are you able to connect to it using a pc?

Does your bold find the network (go to Manage Connections -> click the track ball -> select WI-FI Options -> click the menu key (lef of trackball) -> select WI-FI Tools -> Site Survey -> click the trackball and select Start Scan.

The above should show all the networks available to you.

PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    I did the site survey, and the work LAN has come up. It lets me enter the WEP/Security key, but then comes up with the errror message saying there is no IP address. I am able to connect to the work wifi using my laptop.

I think I'm using the 4.6 OS. It says: V4.6.0.134 (Platform 4.0.0.134)

djlitez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241C50A0
    Quote Originally Posted by milz View Post
    I have a Bold that I've had for just over a week. I've noticed that at least once a day, when I'm on the web browser, I get the error message: 'Input system. The system is being restarted'. It won't let me do anything more in the web browser, and I have to do a battery pull in order to fix it.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this error message, or do I have a faulty handset?

I've seen threads on this, but nothing specifically of the bold, or the message only appearing in the web browser (unless I'm not looking properly, in which case, apologies)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I'm tired of constant battery pulls!
    It just came out!!! Give it some time, I'm sure RIM will fix the bugs in their updated OS. Don't forget, the developers are only human...

PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    Quote Originally Posted by djlitez View Post
    It just came out!!! Give it some time, I'm sure RIM will fix the bugs in their updated OS. Don't forget, the developers are only human...
    Well....it's been out in the UK for a couple months...and the extensive delay on the O2 network was to ensure the Bold was up to O2 standards....which meant loads of tests...a bug like this should've been picked up surely? So do you reckon it's just a glitch, or a faulty handset?

So you are running .134 If I were you I would upgrade the OS. There have been many discussions about the different Bold OS's in this discussion group and if you look around you should be able to find the OS (I can't link it for you because they are Beta versions and that is against Forum rules). You will find vast improvements in your Bold when you upgrade (in 3G signal, battery usage, general OS speed, browser speed...etc).

As for the WI-FI network, I assume that your WI-FI network at work uses DHCP...is that correct? If so, make sure that your settings for WI-FI have DHCP set up. If your network at work uses a static IP, you will have to set that up.

dbltap no está en línea Stack level 2
    They are not all beta. There are several newer released versions... like .162 @

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9BNloQIJ4X6g**

This version seems to be pretty stable. I've been using it for a week or so now.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have been using .167 for almost a day now. It is just as good as .162 if not better. Browser is a little faster and I was able to get 10 hours on the battery (Heavy user)

PIN/ID
    AskMe

PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    That link doesn't work.

Is there anywhere else i can go to upgrade my OS?

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    How often do you have to battery pulls?
    torched!

PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    pretty much every day...sometimes more-but only when I'm browsing the web.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    then you definitely need to upgrade your OS my bold works flawlessly but ill admit that before .142 i had to do battery pulls and stuff now that i have .167 again its flawless and it was also on .162 which is now official so just upgrade to .162 and ull be good to go !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast