I have two email icons on my ATT Bold. One says Messages,the other has my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold email help

Advertisement

I have two email icons on my ATT Bold.

One says Messages,the other has my personal email address when i put the cursor over it.

I get email from my personal account in the messages icon, but i Cant send email except from the icon that has my personal email address.

In other words I can't just hit reply, i have to go to the other email folder.

Also, why does the device not vibrate once when new mail arrives like the 8800 did?

thanks Keith

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Keith,

The "Messages" folder is the repository for ALL e-mail messages. If you had 10 e-mail accounts, they would ALL come into this folder as well as the individual e-mail folders associated with the other accounts such as your personal e-mail address.

I have six e-mail accounts that come to my device. My personal preference is to "hide" the main Messages folder and have the six separate icons handle the incoming mail. Others choose to use the main folder and hide the individual e-mail folders. It's totally up to you, but since you only have the one personal e-mail address, that will be the one from which all of your replies originate. Does that make sense? If you want to hide the main folder, simply put the cursor on it, press the BB menu button and select Hide. It will still be there, but no longer visible from the home screen.

As for the device vibrating, this is a setting you'll have to modify in Profiles, which is the Speaker icon on your home page. Select that, scroll all the way to the bottom where you'll find "Advanced", then you can go in here and modify your profiles any way you wish, including turning on the vibrate mode for your e-mail messages.

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

Cheers,
    Roger

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Roger-thanks for the detailed reply.
    For some reason when I deleted my email account and reinstalled it, all was well.

Thanks for the tip on modifying profiles.