So here I sit anxiously awaiting the arrival of my bold tomorrow!!!! I have been ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold Dust

Advertisement

So here I sit anxiously awaiting the arrival of my bold tomorrow!!!! I have been a curve 8300 owner for the last 3yrs and absolutely love it!!! One of the biggest disappointments I have had with the curve is the dust under the lens issue. Now I know there's hundreds of threads about this issue and have had to just deal with it. But I do wonder.......has anyone had this issue, dust under lens, with the Bold?? My brother recently got a bold and I have played with it a little and it almost appears that there is no lens on this model, I was hoping that that would eliminate that worry but thought I would ask my trusty stackers.......

I will admit one thing though....I didn't really start having the whole dust issue until the first time I switched the face plate....It was then that it started acquiring the dust problem...even after a couple face plate swaps, I would still come back..almost like I goofed breaking the factory seal between the lens and lcd......all responses are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I can say in the past 3-4 months I have had my Bold I have had 0 issues with dust under my screen.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    No dust at all here *
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Had mine since Dec. No dust at all. By the way, you're gonna love your 9000.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I sure hope so....i'm a little nervous though after reading some threads about people changing their OS....not sure what it comes with but will probly just leave it be for a while..

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    The Bold screen is different and you will not have dust between the outer screen surface and the LCD. This is one the biggest advances for me as every Curve I owned had this issue.

As far as changing the OS, no matter what anyone says there are no big improvements in performance. I would go easy and just enjoy your device. I just love the comments that after changing their OS they now get days of battery life compared to hours before.

You are really going to love your Bold if you are coming from a Curve.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by nova609 View Post
    I sure hope so....i'm a little nervous though after reading some threads about people changing their OS....not sure what it comes with but will probly just leave it be for a while..
    It will probably come with .167. Thats what mine has and I have not changed it, nor have I had any issues with it it ALL.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Awwwwe! Congrats on ur Bold. No dust issues with the screen, had the same bold for 5 months. U will love ur bold! Welcome to the Bold family!!!

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    As far as the os, they used to come standard .167, my replacement came today and I'm running .217 and that was what was on it when I booted up. So far, I'm really happy with it. I know a lot of people upgrade from the stock .167. I never did. And mine was fine. But, where I live there is no 3g network. Only edge. I only get 3g when in tulsa or OKC or whatever. So, I'm sure that makes a difference.

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E
    the trackball on mine just started messing up last night and will not go to the right but all other directions work. The ball is moving but you can feel the little clicking or whatever it is when it moves.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Congrats! I upgraded to .266 from .167 and am happy with it. That is mainly because it seems to manage memory a lot better. I literally went down to under a MB a few times with .167.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou View Post
    the trackball on mine just started messing up last night and will not go to the right but all other directions work. The ball is moving but you can feel the little clicking or whatever it is when it moves.
    All three of my Bolds make this little "clicking" when moving the track ball. I have to think it is normal as not one has had any problems with the track ball working
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 07-13-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Had a curve for 2 years and no dust problem, have a bold now an don't see any with it