Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Also with the rising fuel costs it is next to impossibe to find a hybrid ... BlackBerry Bold forum

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481

Advertisement

Also with the rising fuel costs it is next to impossibe to find a hybrid model!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    What about google? They don't have commercials... Yahoo does... I think there's a good mix of companies that don't run commercials even to this day... What about Caterpillars... Those things aren't ever replaced...

There are plenty othr companies that run off reputation... I think RIM is one of them... Maybe they slipped up here and there... But their mistakes are much more publicized too...

Something else to think about though, even with your valid points is that there are companies that are very market specific or there name speaks for themselves because they have no "real" competition, such as Catepillar that doesn't require alot of advertisments. People who are in the market for that type of stuff already know whom the major competitors are.

On the other hand in today's smartphone marketplace, when OEM's and carriers are trying to saturate there products to customers that weren't typically a buyer of that product before, then all the advertising they can do helps.

Just think. 10+ years ago, a Blackberry was more of a business centric tool, and was marketed towards that consumer base.

Now, all of these OEM's are trying to appeal to everybody with there smartphone. Multi-media, texting, music, yada, yada, yada.........

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Hmmmm THAT is a good point...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Who cares?

If you want a Bold, go and get one. Does it matter if demand is high or low?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Does it matter if demand is high or low?
    Yeah who wants to stand in line...

sent via BlackBerry

All kidding aside, I spoke with the mgr of my Local AT&T store, whom I've done business with for 6 years. I know this man well as I buy a minimum of three BlackBerrys & four other phones per year fro him. He was very honest in sharing that they have not experienced much interest in the Bold compared to prior BlackBerry launches. He attributes that to price since the iPhone 3G is priced so low. Very interesting.

~via sent via BlackBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Makes sense Leonard. $299 is a nice chunk of change. Not sure if I want to jump on one quick or wait and see if the price comes down. I never paid that much for a device before.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I, too, know the sales people at both of my local AT&T company stores and they say there will be no long lines for the Blackberry Bold.

You people must remember the news when the iPhone was introduced, it was hitting national and local new all over America. RIM and AT&T have no such thing going for the Bold. My friends at AT&T say to get there early as they will only get a limited amount in on the first day, maybe 10-15 and then more the next day and next day till they fill the initial demand, after that they will be ordered as required for stock.

This is not going to be a "happening" with people sleeping outside the store in sleeping bags! Just the fact that the Bold will cost you $400 at a minimum to walk out the door will put a big damper on it!

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    Funny thing about demand for the Bold.

I stopped by the local ATT here in Port Arthur, TX yesterday after work to inquire about status and future availability of the Bold and suprisingly the sale rep told me that they would be getting it and there was already some people interested in it, locally.

I was a little suprised as this area isn't really conducive to that type of device, IMO, considering that this is refinery country around here.

Anyway, the rep told me he would call me when it came in, and I told him I would make it worth his while to do so. I told him upfront that this would be an outright retail price purchase and unfortunately he told me that he doesn't have any real incentive for selling outright. I thought that sucked and I felt for him, because I thought these guys got credit or compensation for every device, item & accessory they sold and that this would be an easy cash sale for him.

We'll see what happens. I'll either be getting mine here or will head back to Houston when I go home for the weekend to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Just the fact that the Bold will cost you $400 at a minimum to walk out the door will put a big damper on it!
    Thanks for you very well written post! We are thinking along the same lines.
    As much as I hate to acknowledge it, the successful & very effective way that Apple has advertised, marketed, and reduced the price of the iPhone has truly been a game changer. You will notice that my last statement said nothing about the iPhone but everything about marketing & price. The second game changer is the meltdown of the financial sector in the USA.
    Had the iPhone remained at the $400 price point things might be different. And please notice I am NOT comparing the iPhone to the Bold from a device standpoint. The entire content of this post speaks to price.
    So we can no longer look to past history where the 8700 & 88xx series were $299 & sold very well.
    For more about pricing & why we have a lot to be concerned about, I will be Blogging about it later today. Feel free to check it out. .
    sent via BlackBerry Curve 8310
    Simply Brilliant !

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Seeing RIM stock go from $140 per share to a little over $40 per share tells much about who RIM has sold to. Corp America is cutting back big time and dpending on who is elected as our next President, we will likly see the market go much lower in the next few months. We are looking at years to get out of this hole and I do not think it will be the same for a long time.

This IS the new economy!

Anone really desperate, CompU$A has them instock and unlocked for only $800! That is near what I paid for my Rogers units and few months ago!

http://www.compusa.com/applications/...ckberry%20bold
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 10-29-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Seeing RIM stock go from $140 per share to a little over $40 per share tells much about who RIM has sold to. Corp America is cutting back big time and dpending on who is elected as our next President, we will likly see the market go much lower in the next few months. We are looking at years to get out of this hole and I do not think it will be the same for a long time.
    Precisely...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123