Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just wondering if, your opinions of course, ...will the "lines" or demand for the Bold ... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Bold Demand

Advertisement

Just wondering if, your opinions of course, ...will the "lines" or demand for the Bold at local ATT stores be anything like the iPhone demand was? Or will it be as easy as walking into an ATT store on 11/4 and getting the phone. I have heard to expect HIGH demand...

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I would say expect HIGH Demand!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't believe the hype is there like the Iphone was. This is only due to the long waiting period and the every changing dates. You have way more Storm commercials than any Bold ones. The die hard like most of us will be there (4th) to get this new device. Then with the 4.5 os's dropping everywhere it watered down some of the excitement. Now if it dropped way back a few months ago like they said 5 months ago it would have been outrageous but this is just my opinion

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    BERRYCURVE:
    I agree - and hope you're/we're right. I don't think the hype is even close to that if the iPhone and, personally, I have yet to see a BOLD ad anywhere and I live in a major metro area. I think the die-hards, or at least the ones that hv been waiting release whilst using a piece of crap phone will get one on the 4th, but the rest will only discover it when they evenally walk int a BB or ATT store and just happen to notice..."Oh, cool! I want that!...

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    BERRYCURVE:
    I agree - and hope you're/we're right. I don't think the hype is even close to that if the iPhone and, personally, I have yet to see a BOLD ad anywhere and I live in a major metro area. I think the die-hards, or at least the ones that hv been waiting release whilst using a piece of crap phone will get one on the 4th, but the rest will only discover it when they evenally walk int a BB or ATT store and just happen to notice..."Oh, cool! I want that!...
    That's the truth of it there. For I haven't seen a Bold commercial either. This is the only US carrier supplying this phone right now and no type of marketing. We're down to mulling over Best Buy ads. I love my BB and BB's in general and I feel slighted by all this. You've been oversaturated by everything Iphone and it seems the Bold knowledge will be word of mouth. "You know the new Bold is out" "Really, I've been catching the commercials for that, this their first ever touchscreen phone I hear" "Uhh, that's the Storm" "Really!!!"

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by BERRYCURVE View Post
    I don't believe the hype is there like the Iphone was. This is only due to the long waiting period and the every changing dates. You have way more Storm commercials than any Bold ones. The die hard like most of us will be there (4th) to get this new device. Then with the 4.5 os's dropping everywhere it watered down some of the excitement. Now if it dropped way back a few months ago like they said 5 months ago it would have been outrageous but this is just my opinion
    I Agree also.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    no way there will be people lining up to get the bold.. as great of device as it is... with all the delays. the hype is gone. the true blackberry users on att will buy it but beyond that im really not sure.. i think there is much more hype for the storm... but honestly still dont believe there will be lines and crowd controls.. but they will move a lot of devices
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep just those who've been patiently waiting in the Blackberry Nation. No ad budget behind release as yet.
    Surprises me that with all the competition in the consumer market they're now trying to capture that RIM hasn't been running ads emphasizing their well-crafted and superior feature sets and platform

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I agree. I doubt there will be any line ups. When I called my provider to get mine, they said there was plenty of stock and no delays. I had to wait to get my iPhone.

Also, I have not seen a single commercial for the Bold from any carrier.

It is a business device and the business users will get one. It is not a consumer device like the iPhone

Exaclty but honestly this isn't even Rim's fault. As has been stated in all the documents so far they issued the Bold to AT&T right before the original release date. There could have been all types of BB Bold commercials but even RIM wasn't sure when the device would be available by AT&T. Yet, AT&T didn't want another problem as with the outcome of the 3g Iphone. Well at this point that's neither here nor there, it's coming in a week, I know I will be picking it up on Nov. 4th and hopefully with us being out and about showing it off will create more of a buzz. Don't get me wrong it's gonna sell but with little to no advertising for the Bold more money could have beeen made from this.
    Last edited by BERRYCURVE; 10-27-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm set up either way, got a friend holding the first one she gets in for me

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    What i think would happen is that there wont be any line up at the doors of bestbuy and att. But few people coming to the stores and getting one and than other people will notice it and like it and get one (People that do not know about it).....And about the storm, ye alot of people gonna get it but its not like the whole world is gonna transfer to Verison to get a storm....
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

@Mac, now that's true, AT&T had a bigger market with the Iphone base and it just grew even more. Yet the storm should have been cross promotioned over a couple service providers. I really like that phone but like you said I won't jump to Verizon for it.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by BERRYCURVE View Post
    @Mac, now that's true, AT&T had a bigger market with the Iphone base and it just grew even more. Yet the storm should have been cross promotioned over a couple service providers. I really like that phone but like you said I won't jump to Verizon for it.
    Same here, i want it bad but i wont go for Verizon. I'm just expecting the GSM version with i think will come out for rogers...or vodafone
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    No way the Bold will cause the chaos that the iPhone did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast