Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i have the bold in hands.. and i may not have an active pin. email ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

i have the bold in hands.. and i may not have an active pin. email and bbm. but i see the problem and it was confirmed to me by a rim rep i spent a half hour on the phone with begging to turn my pin on lol.... as much as we all want this device.. out and in everyones hands. rim is a company aiming at a perfect product. not a perfect disaster. every single person of the 100 sillys that waited inline for the iphone 3g for 4-12 hours is complaining about them.. hating them. wanting to return them.. and the reason is.. because apple rushed them out the door. they set a date in stone and pushed them out the door.. like mobile me.. and look now.. 1000s of iphone users are complaining.. while rim sits back and laughs at this... they will wait.. the brint of rims buisness is in the usa. they want to demolish the market come september october november with the releases of the bold, jvelin, kickstart. and they are playing chess not checkers. wisely with no time watch.. lol..
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Lower case edge just means no BIS connection, not a low signal. Since you still have that PIN problem that's probably the cause of that. If you have 5 bars and 'edge' then you have full 2G service/reception, but no connection to BIS.
    when its in lower case edge and i try to browse. i get an hour glass.. that doesnt go away untill i exit.. but when its in 3G im browsing at the speed of light. there is not in between. its a known problem as explained to be by the rim rep i spoke to. its a software issue for battery conservation.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    when its in lower case edge and i try to browse. i get an hour glass.. that doesnt go away untill i exit.. but when its in 3G im browsing at the speed of light. there is not in between. its a known problem as explained to be by the rim rep i spoke to. its a software issue for battery conservation.
    Well nice attempt at a feature for RIM, lol. So I guess the last task is being to START browsing in 2G but being able to seamlessly switch to 3G and back according to battery and coverage status...? That's what it looks like to me, I could be wrong. Not a signal problem.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    when you lock the phone well mine anyway.. goes into edge to conserve battery. but the final spec will go into EDGE then when using data if there is 3g signal available it will automatically go into 3G seamlessly. with my blue tooth on during a conversation. i can surf the web with 3G while talking on the phone... no wi-fi while doing this.. its beautifull.. even before i was going through my viigo news while on a conf. call via blue tooth.. all around its great. and apparently the final os release for att was released today.. so if it was and this problem is fixed we have ourselves a bar none breatest smart phone ive ever seen used or heard of

when you lock the phone well mine anyway.. goes into edge to conserve battery. but the final spec will go into EDGE then when using data if there is 3g signal available it will automatically go into 3G seamlessly. with my blue tooth on during a conversation. i can surf the web with 3G while talking on the phone... no wi-fi while doing this.. its beautifull.. even before i was going through my viigo news while on a conf. call via blue tooth.. all around its great. and apparently the final os release for att was released today.. so if it was and this problem is fixed we have ourselves a bar none breatest smart phone ive ever seen used or heard of
    Really nioce....

How are you getting the final release? OTA ugrade?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    cant ota upgrade till my pin is activated... currently im running 4.6.0.92 platform 4.0.0.117...in the options you go to advanced options and at the bottom right after tcp you have wireless upgrade. when i go to it.. it says not available

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    I'm starting to not even worry about it! Just gonna let it ride out until its ACTUALLY released! So no worries!! Go BOLD ~via BB8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    from what i heard after 3 hours on the phone going back and fourth with att and rim on my bold issue.. the final spec at&t release os was sent out today.. you figure in 2-4 weeks of testing then wa la you have your release date.. the problem i heard through the grape vine is that the bold has 3 options as i see on mine. you go into mobile network you can selct. 2g... 2g and 3g which lets you use voice and data simultaniously.. or just 3g which if your not in a 3g area wont help.

the issue. when you have it on factory default its 2g and 3g.. now the problem i have on my bold is its either 3G or edge. not 3G or EDGE. meaning the its not holding a full EDGE signal. its staying lower case. now if this is perfected as its supposed to work. its great. while its in your case or in sleep mode it can stay on 2g but while your surfing the internate downlowding attachment or any data stuff it would automatically switch to 3g. thus saving battery life. weird to explain hope ya get what im saying.

Do NOT count on 2-4 weeks after today. On Aug 11th all filed testers for AT&T had to submit thier initial reviews. The NEXT day, they had to exchange their old models for new models. This says it's a hardware issue and nothing that can be fixed by a different OS. So this is on RIM's end and NOT AT&T. We are looking at a Halloween timeframe for the Bold on AT&T.

Edit: And the OTA upgrades aren't going to be for an entire OS. It's going to be used for certain module upgrades like browser, etc.
    Last edited by JasonHDD; 08-18-2008 at 06:12 PM.

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    They really need to just release the phone. Its making to much hoopla on the stacks everyone is getting restless for just the Bolds release date. ok when we get it then what (BoooooM) is that thunder. lol we are like kids in december counting the days away
    Duval_Happine$$**

Quote Originally Posted by duval_happiness View Post
    They really need to just release the phone. Its making to much hoopla on the stacks everyone is getting restless for just the Bolds release date. ok when we get it then what (BoooooM) is that thunder. lol we are like kids in december counting the days away
    Yea people are really getting restless, it's kinda funny yet sad.

I just suppress my anger by telling myself I'm waiting for the Javelin...lol.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

LOL!!

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3

IMHO, that would be the best move if you can live without 3G.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    My mind is made up, Javelin will be my next BB purchase with my TMO upgrade!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097

LoL

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast