Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A buddy, who is a field tester for AT&T just posted on another forum that ... BlackBerry Bold forum

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold delayed AGAIN.

Advertisement

A buddy, who is a field tester for AT&T just posted on another forum that the Bold has been pushed back to a Halloween timeframe.
    Just wanted to let you all know.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Why am I not surprised

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    I agree, its no big surprise.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Agreed, just wanted to let everyone know.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Here you have the tale of two companies.
    Apple forced At&t to dump a paperweight on the market that has 10 minutes of battery life, a crappy chip that causes dropped calls, and a system that loses your email and is unsuitable for business due to security concerns.
    RIM will NOT release the BOLD until it is ready to be released, functioning perfectly and utilizing a system unsurpassed by none.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks, RIM don't let AT&T force you to release something that we won't be happy with. I can wait if the Bold is everything its suppose to be great. Great battery and 3G. Jobs and Apple can keep their iPod turned iPhone. Nothing against apple they make an ok computer, not going to the dark side for anything. My two cents.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    Thanks, RIM don't let AT&T force you to release something that we won't be happy with. I can wait if the Bold is everything its suppose to be great. Great battery and 3G. Jobs and Apple can keep their iPod turned iPhone. Nothing against apple they make an ok computer, not going to the dark side for anything. My two cents.

Amen to that!

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Here you have the tale of two companies.
    Apple forced At&t to dump a paperweight on the market that has 10 minutes of battery life, a crappy chip that causes dropped calls, and a system that loses your email and is unsuitable for business due to security concerns.
    RIM will NOT release the BOLD until it is ready to be released, functioning perfectly and utilizing a system unsurpassed by none.
    What makes the AT&T Bold any different then the one in Chile that has already been out for over a week or so?
    They're probably just waiting for the iPhone craze to die down before they start pushing the BOLD...
    I know Rogers Wireless, here in Canada, will release the device sometime this week! You'd think the USA, a country with quite a high level of corporate integrity, would be able to get this device first, but it really must have something to do with marketing.
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

Quote Originally Posted by krikor222 View Post
    What makes the AT&T Bold any different then the one in Chile that has already been out for over a week or so?
    They're probably just waiting for the iPhone craze to die down before they start pushing the BOLD...
    I know Rogers Wireless, here in Canada, will release the device sometime this week! You'd think the USA, a country with quite a high level of corporate integrity, would be able to get this device first, but it really must have something to do with marketing.
    There are technical tweaks necessary for each system. They don't use At&t's system in Chile or Canada. RIM will NOT authorize the release of the Bold to the world's largest system until it is fine - tuned to perfection.
    Apart from that, it's probably quite true that At&t has it's hands full handling the unGodly MobileMess that the iPhone Paperweight release has caused. You can bet that many of their engineers are pooling their cash in order to buy a few of those doorstops that have given them anxiety attacks so that they can smash the crap out of them with sledge hammers.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As a customer.... release the phone if its ready!!

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    from what i heard after 3 hours on the phone going back and fourth with att and rim on my bold issue.. the final spec at&t release os was sent out today.. you figure in 2-4 weeks of testing then wa la you have your release date.. the problem i heard through the grape vine is that the bold has 3 options as i see on mine. you go into mobile network you can selct. 2g... 2g and 3g which lets you use voice and data simultaniously.. or just 3g which if your not in a 3g area wont help.

the issue. when you have it on factory default its 2g and 3g.. now the problem i have on my bold is its either 3G or edge. not 3G or EDGE. meaning the its not holding a full EDGE signal. its staying lower case. now if this is perfected as its supposed to work. its great. while its in your case or in sleep mode it can stay on 2g but while your surfing the internate downlowding attachment or any data stuff it would automatically switch to 3g. thus saving battery life. weird to explain hope ya get what im saying.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    So many rumors, so little official info from AT&T

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    We need some fact on these subjects. I need some press our on of the RIM people to come out and say what's the hold up is with the Bold for US.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    We need some fact on these subjects. I need some press our on of the RIM people to come out and say what's the hold up is with the Bold for US.
    Nicky just outlined that above. Take a look. Final tweaks before release. As I've said, RIM has forbade the release until it's working perfectly. We're not dealing with the morons at Apple here.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    from what i heard after 3 hours on the phone going back and fourth with att and rim on my bold issue.. the final spec at&t release os was sent out today.. you figure in 2-4 weeks of testing then wa la you have your release date.. the problem i heard through the grape vine is that the bold has 3 options as i see on mine. you go into mobile network you can selct. 2g... 2g and 3g which lets you use voice and data simultaniously.. or just 3g which if your not in a 3g area wont help.

the issue. when you have it on factory default its 2g and 3g.. now the problem i have on my bold is its either 3G or edge. not 3G or EDGE. meaning the its not holding a full EDGE signal. its staying lower case. now if this is perfected as its supposed to work. its great. while its in your case or in sleep mode it can stay on 2g but while your surfing the internate downlowding attachment or any data stuff it would automatically switch to 3g. thus saving battery life. weird to explain hope ya get what im saying.
    Lower case edge just means no BIS connection, not a low signal. Since you still have that PIN problem that's probably the cause of that. If you have 5 bars and 'edge' then you have full 2G service/reception, but no connection to BIS.

That's a cool feature, with the switching back and forth. Very smart. Do you know if it works if you just lock the keyboard too?
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 08-18-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast