Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I would actually get reboots on 210 about once every other day. I did not ... BlackBerry Bold forum

AllanRosen no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I would actually get reboots on 210 about once every other day. I did not want to install 215 due to reports of reboots. So Installed 214 3 days ago and haven't had a single reboot since. Also, I believe the battery life on 214 is considerably better than 210. So far, I have had the best experience with 214 (after previously having 190 and 210). I've been reluctant to upgrade to 216 since I'm very happy with 214.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanRosen View Post
    I would actually get reboots on 210 about once every other day. I did not want to install 215 due to reports of reboots. So Installed 214 3 days ago and haven't had a single reboot since. Also, I believe the battery life on 214 is considerably better than 210. So far, I have had the best experience with 214 (after previously having 190 and 210). I've been reluctant to upgrade to 216 since I'm very happy with 214.
    Thanks for the update. This is indeed good news. The way I look at it, the version that works for you is far more important that it's number. I'm learning that apparently there are enough variables from Bold to Bold that no one OS version works for them all. At least at the present time. That may explain why RIM is creating version after version in an effort to find the right combination of stability, functionality and battery life. I only wish they would have done this before prematurely releasing a bug ridden BlackBerry.

sent via BlackBerry Bold

benpragnell no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256669A1
    i'm on 216 now. I wasn't sure if i should do it or not but thought why not can't be anyworse than .215 and so far so good no reboots

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have FlyCast installed on my Bold. On .215, I had no problems. With .216, I can launch the program, but it does not connect to the server. Even with the APN settings, no dice.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok, so after a few days of being on .210 it still seems a bit buggy. I havent had any crashes but I have gotten a few call failed with full bars. Also a couple times of having the phone ring for about 2 seconds, a missed call, and then a voicemail.

Oh well, Ill just keep trying.

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ... I'm learning that apparently there are enough variables from Bold to Bold that no one OS version works for them all. At least at the present time. That may explain why RIM is creating version after version in an effort to find the right combination of stability, functionality and battery life. I only wish they would have done this before prematurely releasing a bug ridden BlackBerry.
    I miss having push email, MMS and the QWERTY keyboard. I don't miss the crashing and software bugs that seem to be pervasive in this device. It makes no sense that a phone can have some many different variables among different owners. Hardware, after all, should be standard across the platform. It would seem to not be the case with the Bold, and for that matter, the Storm as well.

I hope RIM gets their act together. They have the business market cornered. They'll loose what enthusiast market they've managed to gain if these issues aren't solved. And they need to do so without delay.

Quote Originally Posted by benpragnell View Post
    i'm on 216 now. I wasn't sure if i should do it or not but thought why not can't be anyworse than .215 and so far so good no reboots
    This logical thinking:
    " I wasn't sure if i should do it or not but thought why not can't be any worse than .215 "
    No longer applies when it comes to the unreliable, and undeveloped Bold.
    An example is that you & I did the same upgrade & it worked for you but not for me. .210 is then Only upgrade that works on my Bold which of we state the obvious, is the very same model as yours.
    For sake of example, what would Apple do if the sold thousands of MacBook that all required a different version of their OS X in order to make each computer operate properly.
    With the Bold it's hit and miss, trial error till you find the right upgrade that works for you. No two are the same.

sent via BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    Ok, so after a few days of being on .210 it still seems a bit buggy. I havent had any crashes but I have gotten a few call failed with full bars. Also a couple times of having the phone ring for about 2 seconds, a missed call, and then a voicemail.

Oh well, Ill just keep trying.
    The good news in this case is it's most likely a network problem, not the phone or it's OS. The problems you outlined should be reported to your carrier.

sent via BlackBerry

I'm very excited now that hayden has made viewing threads a positive experience. Now all we need is word wrap here in the text field we type I'm. Once that's done I will truly be happy, as then it will be as easy as was back with the old Curve. PinStack, it just keeps getting better!
    Cheers...

~via BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, had my first crash on .210 tonight. Not sure if it was me pushing the envelope but whatever. I was on a train into NY and I started up my google maps to see if it would track the train. After a couple minutes of being locked onto position(within 3 meters I must add) it stopped scrolling and gave me the clock/hourglass on the screen. 10 seconds later it shuts down and goes black with the red LED. After it rebooted however it worked fine and kept a lock on my position on the train the rest of the trip.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tailspin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A3B153
    If .210 is so wonderful (not doubting you guys) and ATT is working on .216, why isn't .210 listed in the "Latest Official OS for Bold 9000" for ATT, or any carrier for that matter? You would think with the feedback they would release it.

I just got my Bold Friday and everything is great, until I started playing some music today. After the 3rd song it rebooted. My concern is that my 8300 did this despite the various upgrades to it. Both my original and replacement phones do this. I did not go to the Bold for music, but still, it should not reboot like this.

Anyone hear of this problem, in particular, anyone who resolved it by going to .210?

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
    If .210 is so wonderful (not doubting you guys) and ATT is working on .216, why isn't .210 listed in the "Latest Official OS for Bold 9000" for ATT, or any carrier for that matter? You would think with the feedback they would release it.

I just got my Bold Friday and everything is great, until I started playing some music today. After the 3rd song it rebooted. My concern is that my 8300 did this despite the various upgrades to it. Both my original and replacement phones do this. I did not go to the Bold for music, but still, it should not reboot like this.

Anyone hear of this problem, in particular, anyone who resolved it by going to .210?
    This is a known problem which will be fixed by installing .210.
    What AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post

This is a known problem which will be fixed by installing .210.
    What AT&T is doing in regards to it's next official OS is anyones guess. We will only know for certain at time of release.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

roqueyanez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Um, sorry to ask an uber silly question, but I don't see what or where my OS version is. Help please?
    ~via smartphone~

Quote Originally Posted by roqueyanez View Post
    Um, sorry to ask an uber silly question, but I don't see what or where my OS version is. Help please?
    ~via smartphone~
    Go to: Options / About, and there it will tell you what version of OS is on your phone.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast