Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i wouldn't go to .215 i had rebooting problems on that one.... BlackBerry Bold forum

benpragnell no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256669A1

Advertisement

i wouldn't go to .215 i had rebooting problems on that one.

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    For the first time today since loading .210, I had a white screen/reboot while using BBM... It happened twice within an hour and only when using BBM (very weird).

I may upgrade to .215 or .216 tonight to see if this happens again and also resolve the high pitch noise I get when activating speakerphone.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by benpragnell View Post
    i wouldn't go to .215 i had rebooting problems on that one.
    Thanks for the feedback on this. As I continue to do more research I'm finding many like you that say that .215 causes frequent reboots. They also mention that the WiFi connection is not stable either.

So to the best of my knowledge I believe that .210 is the very best. I have not heard any complaints and my personal experience with it has been outstanding. Fast & Stable...

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
    For the first time today since loading .210, I had a white screen/reboot while using BBM... It happened twice within an hour and only when using BBM (very weird).

I may upgrade to .215 or .216 tonight to see if this happens again and also resolve the high pitch noise I get when activating speakerphone.
    Just in case you have not thought of this, have you done a hard reset? The problems you are reporting are the first of the kind I've heard of with .210. Everything I've read so far indicates that .210 is trouble free. I know that has been my experience.

Instead of having to remove your battery for hard resent hold down the left shift key, then press the right alt & del key at the same time, hold the three down until the screen goes black, the red light will appear, release the keys and wait for it to reboot. Then please let us know your results. I know on mine I had to do this twice, then it was very stable.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Just in case you have not thought of this, have you done a hard reset? The problems you are reporting are the first of the kind I've heard of with .210. Everything I've read so far indicates that .210 is trouble free. I know that has been my experience.

Instead of having to remove your battery for hard resent hold down the left shift key, then press the right alt & del key at the same time, hold the three down until the screen goes black, the red light will appear, release the keys and wait for it to reboot. Then please let us know your results. I know on mine I had to do this twice, then it was very stable.

Hope this helps.
    Will do, thanks Arch!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just a thought and I am sure you have all already thought of it. Could any part of the reboot issue be associated with upgrading with out removing your media card and not the actual OS?
    I don't have the Bold but reading though the thread just seems all was and is being blamed on the OS and it could easily be something else. Feel free to bounce me out on my ear but thought I would throw this in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Just a thought and I am sure you have all already thought of it. Could any part of the reboot issue be associated with upgrading with out removing your media card and not the actual OS?
    Thanks for the ideas.

I too thought perhaps it could be the media card or something else a few weeks ago when I was trying different upgrades. Since I've had Six Bolds the frustration aside I did learn a lot about 4.6. And I tried upgrading both ways with and without the media card in place. It doesn't matter. So based on what he's describing I'm sure it's the OS, as one thing that I experienced with each upgrade higher than .210 is what he is reporting.

Nonetheless, always being open minded, no matter what my research or personal experience is I continue to ask others for their experience, thoughts and opinions as I'm big on collecting as much data as possible (I'm such a geek software engineer...) So anyway, based on his symptoms he either just needs a hard reset or the next thing I would advise is a clean install as it is a strong possibility that he simply had some corruption occur when loading the new OS through no fault of his own.

Cheers...

benpragnell no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256669A1
    i see the mention of .216. Is that out?

I know a fellow software engineer at AT&T and they have it, but I do not believe it's "in the wind" just yet.

By the way, I just learned the .210 is out to all network operators and the consensus is unless .216 proves to be better. .210 is the best of the bunch. .214 & .215 have been scrapped.
    Last edited by archer6; 12-22-2008 at 04:35 PM.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

Hope this helps.
    Stupid Question... where is the Right Alt key? I only see the one on the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by ccostel View Post
    Stupid Question... where is the Right Alt key? I only see the one on the left side.
    Sorry my mistake, I must slow down.

I meant:

Left alt
    Right shift
    right delete

Cheers

Its not yet in the wild....

Thanks Archer... thought maybe I got a defective unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ccostel View Post
    Thanks Archer... thought maybe I got a defective unit.
    You're welcome. Let us know how you do, so if for some reason this does not fix it we can continue to work together so as to resolve the issue.

Cheers

Mine is fine on 210. I just hadn't gotten it to do the reboot before without a battery pull.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast