I have been playing around with my new Bold recently and I noticed something happening ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Cooper_Lang no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold corrupting longer videos?

Advertisement

I have been playing around with my new Bold recently and I noticed something happening when I record videos.

I wanted to see how long a video the Bold would take -- it got up to around 2 hours or so before the battery died. This video would not play back, I assume because the power died before the video was finalized by the device.

I then tried again to see if it was a bug that could be replicated. This time I went with a video of about an hour in length. The Bold said it was finalizing the video, but still would not play it back.

Video conversion tools report that they do not have the proper codec or the file type is invalid.

The file type appears as 3GP.

To be clear, when I take shorter videos of a few minutes or more they play back fine. It seems to be an issue with only the really long videos.

Has anyone else experienced this type of activity from their Bold?

I am curious if it is a system limitation.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hmm this is interesting but then again ive never thought id need to take more than a 5mins video with my cellphone lol
    but yeah ill try on mine and report back here