Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I noticed that my screen near the left convenience button is discolored. I am ... BlackBerry Bold forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold build quality

Advertisement

So I noticed that my screen near the left convenience button is discolored. I am 99% sure that this is because whenever I press the left convenience key, the screen deforms like its being pressed directly. I take very good care of my phones, so I'm pretty sure that this is the problem. Anyone else have any issues like this? I hope att's warranty department doesn't give me any problems.....
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I've noticed my screen doing the ripple when I click my convenience key or the volume keys, but haven't seen anything permanent happen. If what you're saying is true, that's a scary thought...

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yea, that's gotta be some pressing you're doing...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Mine has never done this, whether pussing keys or not. I suggest, if it is under warranty, you get a new one before the warranty is gone.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    ask me
    My carrier in pakistan, UFONE has a deal with the UAE carrier Etisalat... I have tried several people's bolds here in pakistan to see what's going on, and they hall have the ripple...

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    It does it on almost all that I've seen but haven't seen any recently built ones, just ones from release. Mine I can't notice unless I really look so I just live with it.

adamhosman no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a Canadian (Rodgers) Bold and I have none of what you discribed.

I had a rogers bold before the att one and I must say that I did not hvae any screen rippling problems also. I've had 2 att phones and they are quite noticeable.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I have a one month old Bold, AT&T, and I do not experience the problem you described. Maybe its a build flaw in some of the earlier models.

smfa1965 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just tested mine with the left conven. Button and no distortion. I do however get the distortion when I press directly on the screen. It lasts for a second or two then stops. I bought my Bold at ATT when they first came out and is built in Hungary.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    It doesn't always happen... But many a times it does... I've actually most commonly noticed it wither with the end call key, or the volume key...

I guess I may inadvertantly be pressing those keys harder...

Just for informational purposes, ATT claims that they will not replace backdoors or devices Because of looseness because it means device abuse. The reason I mention this is because I tried to get both of my issues resolved at once. So basically make sure you get your battery door issue solved within the first 30 days. They are also giving me some issues about getting the bold replaced for the screen issues because that's also a sign of abuse. I hate ATT. I wish it wasn't they only phone carrier in the us with good phones. They used to have good service too until my recent plethora of dropped calls and the like.

smfa1965 no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's a good point gatechfireblade. I've been with ATT now for 1 year, previously with T-Mobile. I switched because TMo had the worst, cheap phones. And no 3G. Since I left, TMo has finally started to get devices I'd like, plus in Boston, they've finally rolled out 3G. I've only had two devices on ATT, the Blackjack II and now the Bold. While I love the Bold and still consider it my best, usable device, I've experienced more dropped calls with the Bold since November than I ever did with the Blackjack. Makes me wonder if as we've all posted and read that its the Bold? In any case, no plans to switch back, for now anyway.

Its definitely not the bold. I know a lot of people with Iphones and other devices experiencing the same thing.

xLowdownx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have this issue but only for volume keys. when I press the keys the screen does show some minor ripples around the right edge but thats about it. Do not notice it for the other keys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast