Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is the Bold browser as cumbersome to use as people and reviews say it is? ... BlackBerry Bold forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Bold browser

Advertisement

Is the Bold browser as cumbersome to use as people and reviews say it is? I hear that it is difficult to navigate with the zoom in/out function and onscreen cursor. Are these two features options? I have a Pearl and use column view. The Pearl has a small screen, but I just scroll up and down with no problems (don't have to go side to side). Can I set the Bold browser up the same way?

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    with the Bold you can have it start on Page view so you see the page as you would on your computer , then click where you would like to zoom in , most pages have 2 levels of zoom , far , medium then your close view.

you can change how the page loads, the Bold has a lot of various customization to it
    so your never stuck using it just 1 way.

i hope that answers your question
    I personally have no problems with it at all

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the bold's internet is the same as the curve's 4.5 os. I hated the zoom in/out ft. so, I switched the default to column view. This way is pretty similar to that of a blackberry were used to in the past. For myself, the arrow cursor took a little while to get used to, but eventually I hardly ever noticed.

Hope this helps.

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2
    You still can't have two browser windows open right? I think that would be useful.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't believe so jimdab. I think if anything, I would be more confused if I had two windows available to me. I would probably forget about the second one

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I got use to the Bold Browser, the only thing I hate is hyperlinks. You have to zoom in to click on them. It will not allow you to click when you are not zoomed in.

Same with information boxes. If you want to click on a box to enter a user name etc, you need to zoom in first.

You learn to use the quick keys really fast

I = Zoom In
    O = Zoom Out
    T = Top of Page
    B = Bottom of Page
    Space = Scroll Down
    Shift Space = Scroll Up

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am hearing that the web pages are very small when viewing them.

I just want to be able to set the Bold browser up just like my how Pearl browser is set up. I use column view and don't have to zoom in and out to view things. I use the space bar if I have to scroll down a lot and use the track ball for small, quick scrolls. I use the arrow cursor.

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, the text is very small, even when using column view. Making the font larger doesn't help a lot. The browser is the only thing I don't like about the Bold. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lilvalval no está en línea Stack level 2
    The Bold's internet browser is WAY different from Curve!! It is REAL internet...my curve had that text half-as$ internet.

But yes, the zoom in zoom out is the same as it was on curve. And no, you can not have two browser windows open at once.

All in all, no its not AS good as the iphone browser...the zoom in zoom out is a little cumbersome and yes the text is small,,but hello, the screen is smaller than iphone (duh). But if you are not an iphone person, bberry bold is perfect! The internet is a real close match!

Ge
    All things considered, the Bold screen has the same resolution as the iPhone. It is just a lot nicer.

But nothing beats Safari

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    the Bold screen has the same resolution as the iPhone.
    But nothing beats Safari
    The reason the Bold display looks a bit better is that while the resolution is the same, the Bold screen is so much smaller that each pixel is closer together.
    I concur, the best smartphone browser & web experience is Safari on the wonderfully large screen of the fast 3G iPhone. When I put my iPhone 3G side by side with my Bold for a speed comparison on 3G the iPhone was quite a bit faster. But that will be short lived, as the 2nd gen Bold will have many of these smaller issues debugged. For a first effort RIM did OK.

sent via Curve 8310 the BlackBerry that just works ..

Ge

Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The reason the Bold display looks a bit better is that while the resolution is the same, the Bold screen is so much smaller that each pixel is closer together.
    That is my point exactly.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    That is my point exactly.
    Precisely...
    We are on the same wave length...lol.

Via BlackBerry

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sold my Bold after having it just one day because I couldn't deal with that browser. Build quality sucked too.
    Loaded Rogers 4.5 on my Curve, now I'm happy as a clam till Javelin release

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the bold's internet is the same as the curve's 4.5 os. I hated the zoom in/out ft. so, I switched the default to column view. This way is pretty similar to that of a blackberry were used to in the past. For myself, the arrow cursor took a little while to get used to, but eventually I hardly ever noticed.

Hope this helps.
    Its way completely different than 4.5 OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sold my Bold after having it just one day because I couldn't deal with that browser. Build quality sucked too.
    Loaded Rogers 4.5 on my Curve, now I'm happy as a clam till Javelin release
    You must have a got a bad one. I ordered 4 and all were pure perfection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast