Thanks for noticing mu problem here, Hayden. Since posting my last update on this (below) ... BlackBerry Bold forum

capdgow no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold Blackouts and Outlook problems- 2nd UPDATE

Advertisement

Thanks for noticing mu problem here, Hayden.

Since posting my last update on this (below) the following has happened:- I downloaded an auto-update to BDM v5 and the BDM will now do neither synchronising or media transfer (photographs). Additionally Outlook will not move past "downloading hierarchy" at all.

Oh and the handheld blacked out twice yesterday, too.

Capdgow

SINCE POSTING THE BELOW PROBLEM I HAVE TAKEN THE FOLLOWIING ACTIONS ..... DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED BDM V4.7 ....... REMOVED MS OFFICE 2003 STANDARD AND INSTALLED MS OFFICE 2003 "NORMAL" EDITION.

THE BDM SYNCHRONISED AND MANAGED MEDIA JUST LIKE IT SHOULD, BUT ONLY ONE TIME. IT IS ALL BACK TO THE SAME THING AGAIN .... AGONISINGLY SLOW BDM OPERATION AND OUTLOOK FROZEN ON "DOWNLOADING HIERARCHY"

I HAVEN'T NOTICED THE BOLD "BLACKING OUT" SINCE THEN, ALTHOUGH IT HAS ONLY BEEN 24 HOURS OR SO. WE SHALL SEE.

CAN ANYONE HELP, PLEASE?

My Bold (op sys 4.6.0.185) blacks-out for no apparent reason ..... sometimes when I am driving ...... sometimes when trying to log onto a WiFi ..... sometimes in the middle of a phone call.

It reboots automatically but it takes a long long time ... just as if I had pulled the battery!

Once rebooted it will sometimes not show all the icons .... this is when I get several "UNCAUGHT JAVA EXCEPTION" messages. If I click "OK" on each of them I will sometimes return to normal operation but most usually I have to switch off and back on again.

Since this has been happening I notice some strange things going on when trying to synchronise and/or handle media exchange on my lap-top (XP Pro). It takes ages for syncgronisation to take place and the media exchange program (Roxio) - well, just let's say you could go to lunch and miss nothing.

On exiting the BB desktop "Outlook" (2003 Standard) has to be repaired before it will function at all - I am operating Outlook with a GMail account, by the way.

Any ideas? PLEEEEEEZ
    Last edited by capdgow; 03-29-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Updating status of problem

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    any update on this?