Hi: I have a black berry bold and it is always showing the hourglass ( ... BlackBerry Bold forum

rosac no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold becoming sluggish and using OS update of another network

Advertisement

Hi:
    I have a black berry bold and it is always showing the hourglass ( clock ). The phone has become very sluggish. It is running on 4.6.0.126.
    I am a user from India in Airtel network and this is the latest OS for Bold for my network. Can I download the OS of another network? If so, what should I be careful about?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if your running the newest OS, I don't think the os is the cause of the problem. I could be wrong though. Could it be that your using a heavy amount of memory on messages, apps, etc...? Perhaps try clearing your internet cache (Internet, options, cache operations.)

Also try keeping your messages in your inbox for a shorter amount of time (options, general options.) Go to your different folders in your messages and delete all unecessary items. I.e. Inbox, outgoing, mms messages. This frees up a lot of memory!

There are two other things that you can do. The first is to hold alt (left hand side) and press L, G, L, G on the home screen and release alt. This should take you to your "event log", which is a history of everything you've done on your Bold. I reccomend cleaning this log maybe once, if not twice a week.

The last option is to go into your options, security settings, and "memory clean". Enable this, and you can set a time when you want the device to clean itself.

Hopefully one of these pointers will help you out . Let know if any work out for you.

rosac no está en línea Stack level 1
    looks like it has improved to some extent. But still not what it used to be. I had added some additional Viigo channels. Could that be a reason?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    .126 was the FIRST OS the Bold was released with and is the reason a lot of people complain about it.
    I would definitely recommend running the Rogers .162 or the ATT .167 on your Bold (remove the vendor.xml file for it to work) and you'll more than surprised on how much of a difference it makes.
    Good luck!

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    im currently running beta .168 without a single problem , you MUST update the OS to have a phone thats going to make you happy ^_^

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post
    im currently running beta .168 without a single problem , you MUST update the OS to have a phone thats going to make you happy ^_^
    What are the fixes in .168?

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    4.6.0.126<---LOL

Upgrade that POS OS too at the very least .162 from Rogers

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ rosac, when you got your bold, did you do a full restore from desktop manager? I've heard slugish problems from doing that. It's like trying to upload expired info onto the newest platform.

If that's the case, try clearing the device and selecting particular pieces to restore onto bold. I.e. Addy book, calendar, messenger contacts, etc...

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    .126 was the FIRST OS the Bold was released with
    Sry, no. My Bold came with .097

My 2ct
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

mmic6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    my first bold came with .124 (bought it in Australia and unlocked from optus). Just upgraded to .168 and keep getting this random reboots every once in a while. anyone else having the same issue??

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have had with every OS. That's the thing I gone back to my 8310

Peter

PIN/ID
    AskMe