Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have owned a i700 and a Curve and never had to even think about ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057

Bold Battery

Advertisement

I have owned a i700 and a Curve and never had to even think about buying a car ac adaptor. With the Bold it became clear from the start that I would need one, and of course I bought it.
    I spend most of my day in my office (I'm a physician) and I syn my device several times a day to have my patient's info up to date, so it's being charged while I do that. But once I leave the office I can't do much texting, or talking or browsing because the battery drains so quickly. I don't turn my phone off at all by the way (only when I do a soft reset).
    I'm running .217 BTW.

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I find that turning off the vibrate option (when possible) makes a huge difference.

Bluetooth is off except when I'm driving.

Wifi is only enabled when I'm using the internet at home.. otherwise it's disabled when not in use.

Screen is set at 10%; backlight timeout= 10 sec; auto dim enabled; trackball audible roll off; LED coverage indicator off.

I'm getting almost 3 days between charges with moderate use.

[Using os .162]
    Last edited by cestlavie77; 12-31-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    The vibrate faeture kills the battery, especially if you get a lot of calls.

Moving parts require a lot of juice.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie77 View Post
    I find that turning off the vibrate option (when possible) makes a huge difference.

Bluetooth is off except when I'm driving.

Wifi is only enabled when I'm using the internet at home.. otherwise it's disabled when not in use.

Screen is set at 10%; backlight timeout= 10 sec; auto dim enabled; trackball audible roll off; LED coverage indicator off.

I'm getting almost 3 days between charges with moderate use.

[Using os .162]
    Do you have 3G enabled at all during that time?

I think out of sheer laziness I end up leaving 3G and Wifi enabled all day and since I charge my phone every night out of habit all that matters most is that I make it to the end of the day...which I always do.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Do you have 3G enabled at all during that time?

I think out of sheer laziness I end up leaving 3G and Wifi enabled all day and since I charge my phone every night out of habit all that matters most is that I make it to the end of the day...which I always do.

Honestly, I'm in an area that's not so great with 3G so I have it turned off most of the time. Forgot about that one... it's a big saver too. But if you've got the 3G area, then I guess you'd want to have it on all the time.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Well, I think I'm more or less done with the whole battery life thing. I still have 3G enabled as well as the wifi connection, the only thing I really changed was the screen brightness and auto-dim timer.

I find 10% brightness still fully sufficient for day to day use, and with the dim timer set to 20 seconds as well as brightness set to 10% things are SOO much better.

I haven't used my phone AS much today, but there has still been everything from calls to texting to emails to pinstack posting...and I'm still sitting at a marvelous 90% battery life.

I'm sure that during a more active day the battery would be drained quicker, but considering the amount of use the Bold got today I'm astonished to still see a full battery bar.

3G and Wifi are enabled for good, with the screen @ 10% brightness I'm good to go for a day or two at this rate.

BenTrovato no está en línea Stack level 1
    10% is key. Vibrate is really the killer. The more email accounts you have will keep the connection throttling all day as well.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have to concur that the big bright screen may look good, but drains the battery quick!

I've got the backlight set at 30 with a 20 second timeout and find that if I disable wifi and bluetooth when I don't need them, I'm getting over 24 hours on one charge. And that's with pretty heavy internet browsing and email use.

I'm more than happy with the battery life!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I to have been getting more than 24 hours on a single charge and its freaking great!

I can't believe I'm on my second day of use and I still have over a 50% charge. I'm loving my Bold more then ever!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123