Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If it's off, it comes in the second it powers on and re-connects to the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

If it's off, it comes in the second it powers on and re-connects to the network.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    What about the time stamp from the incoming emails?

It always shows the time it was sent to my BB. I have my phone set to turn off automatically at 3 AM Central and back on at 9 AM Central. If any emails were sent during that time period (usually are) they show the time they come to my phone. I will have to verify this in the morning after my next Auto On/Off.

fin
    fin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I believe the 3G also eats up quite a bit of battery life. I have turned off the WiFi on the phone as well as switched to just the regular 2G service and my battery is still full. My day started at 6:30 this morning and it is now around 5pm and my battery is still showing full bars. I believe there was another thread that mentioned when the 3G service is on, it would still look for a wifi connection or something like that, which sucked even more of the batter life. Hope this was helpful.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'll definitely try switching to 2G only since I have option, I don't even think I really make use of the 3G connection. The vast majority of my internet browsing occurs at home via Wifi and the Edge reception in my home/work is still perfectly fine.

Thanks for the tip(s)...hopefully things start to pickup.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Time

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    It always shows the time it was sent to my BB. I have my phone set to turn off automatically at 3 AM Central and back on at 9 AM Central. If any emails were sent during that time period (usually are) they show the time they come to my phone. I will have to verify this in the morning after my next Auto On/Off.
    I want the time the email was sent, not the time I receive it.

Please verify and let me know. I suspect it will show the time it was received.

So at 9 AM, when you turn on your BlackBerry, a tonne of messages will arrive with a 9 AM time stamp.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~GE, the message list will show what time it came in. However, go into the email and under the subject you'll see when it was semt. This is the case even with your current emails. If there is a delay from the time sent to the time it hits your phone you can tell

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    It shows date and time btw. You can verify now with your current emails unless they all hit instantly~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Has anyone replaced their battery with one of those extended life batteries that fits without a new case back? I'm wondering how much more of a battery life does it allow. Thanks in advance.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i haven't tried em but the curve versions were advertised as 25% more with no increase in size.

I believe seidio is the manufacturer of those...

Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    Has anyone replaced their battery with one of those extended life batteries that fits without a new case back? I'm wondering how much more of a battery life does it allow. Thanks in advance.
    I got nearly 24 hours out of the one for the 8120 before the battery crapped. I'm getting it replaced soon hopefully as it started doing all kinds of strange things including slowing my phone down to slower than dirt and not charging properly.

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here's a great post by Hayden....

http://forums.pinstack.com/f52/10_ti...ry_life-50079/

I used a lot of these tips and took my battery life from less than a day to about 3 days!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Definitely a note-worthy post. I had already setup my Bold in much the same way but I just turned the backlight down to 10% and disabled the notification LED and repeat notifications for every item possible...we'll see what happens.

I tried leaving the phone set to 2G only, but the speed difference is noticable even while browsing Pinstack.

I'd much rather leave core functions enabled if possible so I'm getting the most out of my Bold. I'm pretty sure that my battery life is still lacking though...even considering my usage. I'll go back to .162 in the next day or two and look into picking up an extended life battery a little further down the road.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Headhunter1975 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You know, another option might be underclocking the processor. Back when I had palm pilots there was a program that allowed you to over and underclock the processor. Something like that would be nice. A 10% loss in processor speed might help regain some battery life.

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge, I received 7 emails and a text while my phone was off.

All messages showed the time the were received on the email and my phone while my phone was off. The time stamps showed anywhere between 3 AM and 8 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast