I cannot explain what happened yesterday to my Bold. I unplugged it from the charger ... BlackBerry Bold forum

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold Battery Drain

Advertisement

I cannot explain what happened yesterday to my Bold. I unplugged it from the charger at 8am, go out for breakfast sit down to start watching the 15 hours of Super Bowl pregame at 1pm and besides making a few short calls and spitting out a few emails and BBM's, my battery is at 50%.

The only thing I noticed is that I was in EDGE instead of 3G, which I know isn't a reason for this kind of battery drain.

The two reasons in my mind are, 1) although the charger was plugged in, maybe a good contact wasn't made and my phone didn't charge, or 2) something is wrong with my Bold/battery.

Any thoughts?

I'm running OS 4.6.0.185 on AT&T

SoarinEagles no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you you have any apps open/running in the background?

As far as your firt theory .... I guess you'll find out next time you have to charge it.

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2
    8800bruin,
    I have the exact same problem and it just started. I actually dropped my phone Saturday morning and havge noticed the change since that. First, the case has become very loose, but also and probably more important, the battery life is terrible. I fully charged my phone last night and since using it as an alarm I had it all night on the night stand. Didn't touch it once during the night and it lost 1 bar in the battery. That has never happened before, it usually keeps full charge.

I have several apps going, but don't leave them running in the background.

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    I do have apps but don't keep them running. I honestly feel at this point after letting it run for the last 3 days after the drain incident, that maybe I just didn't plug the charger in all the way. Seems to be working fine again.