Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok... so over the week days ive been putting the bold to the test.. apps ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

bold battery does not like 3rd party apps:(

Advertisement

ok... so over the week days ive been putting the bold to the test..

apps running jive talk and viigo normal usage nothing crazy.. 50-70 emails. 30-50 texts. 20 minutes voice.. im losing 10% an hour.. sometimes even more. i do have 2 batteries and i made sure it wasnt the battery itself.

i did a complete drain with battery one got 9 hours 20 minutes.. to dead. 0 battery

i did a complete battery drain with battery 2 got 9 hours and 40 minutes.
    times remained consistant. emails texts and voicecalls all consistant. no wifi. full 3g..

now the interesting part... i log off jive talk.. disable viigo.. same voice and data usage.. i get a full 2 days.. 48 hours and still 20% left... i cant belive how much viigo and jivetalk take out of this battery... its crazy..

just sharing that. anyone else exp. similar problems.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    JiveTalk has always been a battery sucker... Viigo, not so much for me...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    There are a number of conditions that can create extra strain/drain on the battery.

* Incomplete initial battery charge.
    All new rechargeable electronic devices contain instructions regarding the first battery charge. It's important for rechargeable batteries to receive a full uninterrupted (8 hours or more) charge to achieve full battery life and performance.

* Worn out battery.
    Rechargeable batteries have a limited recharge cycle lifespan. After something like 1000 charges (guessing) all rechargeable batteries begin to lose capacity.

* Low signal strength areas.
    When you're in a low signal strength area the phone pumps up the radio output and battery drain in order to establish or maintain a connection. If you're in an area lacking good cellular coverage sometimes it's best to turn off the radio function in order to save the battery.

* Heavy data usage.
    You may be unaware of it but some BB applications are prone to hammering the data channel in order to send/receive data. The Blackberry XM Radio application for example makes heavy use of data traffic and will drain most batteries in less than one day. I've also noticed that when a BB application has trouble with login/password info the app might try, try, try and try again hammering the data channel without success during which time the battery takes a beating. Review which data intensive apps you're using. Maybe turn those apps off when not needed.

I think the standard Blackberry Curve battery capacity is rated at 1000mAh. There are some aftermarket battery options from Seido and others rated at 1500mAh and higher.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Progs running in backround will tax your charge.
    I'm going to either have a spare ready when I get my Bold at the end of the month, as you did, Nicky, or the extended capacity cube from Seidio.
    I might just work with two standards unless the extended cover replicates the leatherette on the Bold. I've heard that it's a nice feature. Besides, my wife's Curve with her standard battery feels much more comfortable than the block on the back of mine.
    How has the 3g affected battery drain for you?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i have my bold at 40% left at the end of the day with
    Viigo, WLM, Nav4all for about 30mins and ALL DAY on BBM (ALL DAY) and obviously some browsing (30mins) and about 2hours of mp3 playing.
    Apparently im one of the lucky ones !

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    I just got my Bold yesterday and I can report that my battery life is a lot like RAZ'S. I am on the phone with bluetooth about 2.5 to 3 hours a day or constant air time. plus about 50 emails a day and constant BBM Tonight after getting home I used the MP3 player for a good hour to an hour and a half also used the video player for an hour and did some voice recording I have about 30% of my battery left and I'm just going to be to charge in now and it's 1:00am

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Seems like the Bold isn't having the terrible problems with battery life that the 3g iPhone's been having, according to the hordes of bumpkins whining on the Apple blogs.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I dumped JiveTalk from my curve because it sucked the life out of the battery in no time.

I haven't counted how many emails I received and/or sent today.... They are countless.... I have had viigo polling every 2 hours, the weather network updating every 30 minutes and MSN logged in all day.

Since 7 am Tuesday morning until now, 2:35 wednesday morning I have used 1.5 bars.

Not bad considering my curve is running NOTHING and is at the same battery usage in the same amount of time.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Princ355K no está en línea Stack level 1
    I gotta say my battery experience on the Bold has been really disappointing. I mainly use it for calls/SMS (2-3 hrs of talk time max), Wifi, 3rd party apps (none running in the background), and the occasional GPS (30 mins). I find that in it runs down to 20% at the end of each day. And if I dont' charge it over night, I'm out of luck the next day.

Also, when I'm charging it using the wall charger (after market), it takes a good 4 hours to charge to full.

Is this normal??? Or do I have a dead battery??

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Even though I don't have the Bold yet and am going to get one, I was wondering if there is another program in lieu of Jivetalk that you (guys/gals) use. I don't want Jivetalk to drain my battery when I get my bold and I'd rather use another program (preferbaly free, if possible).

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i use the free WLM and Gtalk (theres also Y!Messenger) programs that come with the bold and i have them running all day and that doesnt drain my battery.

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    Quote Originally Posted by Princ355K View Post
    I gotta say my battery experience on the Bold has been really disappointing. I mainly use it for calls/SMS (2-3 hrs of talk time max), Wifi, 3rd party apps (none running in the background), and the occasional GPS (30 mins). I find that in it runs down to 20% at the end of each day. And if I dont' charge it over night, I'm out of luck the next day.

Also, when I'm charging it using the wall charger (after market), it takes a good 4 hours to charge to full.

Is this normal??? Or do I have a dead battery??
    Especially with WiFi, that sounds normal. personally I don't use a 3rd party charger, so can't comment on the charge time, but I would pick up or borrow an OEM charger and see if it works any better.

BL86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207BE7BC
    just got my bold yesterday. people told me not to charge the batt just yet, but drain it out to "0" then fully charge it. does this make a difference?

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Seems like the Bold isn't having the terrible problems with battery life that the 3g iPhone's been having, according to the hordes of bumpkins whining on the Apple blogs.
    Seems like there are a horde of bumpkins whining on this forum about the Bold's battery problems. Get off your anti Iphone horse and read all the posts in this thread onlone. The battery problems are very similar and there are solutions in useage for both devices to make the situation better.
    I love my Iphone and am looking forward to checking out the Bold. Some here are so blinded by their fanboy type views on either side of the issue that they can't see the whole picture. They are the ones that need to read, learn, and get up to speed!!

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    my battery is down every day even when i am using it not so much .

I suspect either 1 of these 3 :
    -3G
    -Bluetooth
    -Jivetalk

Since no other options/applications are activated on my device .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast