Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

here are my settings: wifi radio : wifi off (unless i need it) ntwk radio: ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

here are my settings:

wifi radio : wifi off (unless i need it)

ntwk radio: set to 3G only (cpu doesnt search and toggle...plus it seems to hold 3G better no call issues)

Screen : 40% (you wont notice the difference)

Blue Tooth is on always...this is where i lose the most juice because i do a lot of phone calls and always with head set.

holster : i use fortte slim case with built in magnet to sleep device

i charge every night on cradle on my night table...never turn off the bold (i reset at least once a day to free up mem and keep it running smooth)

starting at 7 am and by 9 pm my battery is less than 20% or dead

i ordered the seidio 1650 mah battery in hopes of getting 30-60 more mins...i will keep ya posted

battery could be a bit better...no curve thats for sure
    Last edited by mortys11; 11-27-2008 at 11:31 PM.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I think the most important thing anyone can do for their BOLD is when they first bring it home, they place it on the counter, in the off mode, and charge it completely (7 hours)..... Then unplug it and use it until the battery is so dead it shuts the device off.

Then fully charge it again, use it and plug it in each night or when it needs charging. After the initial charge and drain there is no need to drain it before charging it.

I do this with all my devices (even the ones going to employees) and i have yet to have a serious battery issue in the first year or two.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I am reinstalling .190 as I type... Back in a sec with the GPS results....

No Go.... It took 6 minutes, standing out in my yard (in the middle of nowhere on a starry night) and came back signal weak find better sky view. I don't think it is possible to find a better skyview than on the prairies in the middle of nowhere... LoL

Downgrading.... Hang on a few....

I just reinstalled .162 and the gps found me in the livingroom. Not only that, it plotted a route to my office in seconds....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

fortyeighty no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm using .185, I've noticed that for the ATT bold most of the power drainage happens in poor 3G reception areas. During the work week, the battery seems to drain quicker as my phone is hopping back and forth from 3G to EDGE. I've noticed that when I'm mostly at home with 3G and WIFI on, my bold battery is a champ. Today for example I'm currently at 13 hours and down to 60%, few thanksgivng phone calls, emails, jivetalk running and chatting on bb messenger.
    I used to believe that WIFI consumed the most battery, from my old HTC mda, but perhaps the technology has improved on this. I wish aTt bolds could lock to edge, as I would do so in my office. But I would recommend to keep wifi up if you have it available to you
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Its awesome to hear success stories like that, I'm not quite THAT much of a power user but I can only hope.

My biggest problem is poor reception areas at home and at work, the places where I spend most of my time. All things considering I still have more then enough of a charge to get through the day, and I charge my Bold every night anyways...so its not to big of a deal.

Its weird that you lose GPS with .190 Sirthinks, mine's going just fine.

If you have Wifi hotspots at home or at work... Use them and turn off the radio... That would alleviate the constantly searching for signal....

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I tried turning off the radio at home but I was unable to make calls.

I just realised that I am able to set my phone to 3G and 2G, 3G only, and 2G only. if I understand things correctly I should see improved battery life by setting it to 2G only if its constantly switch back and forth right? I get poor 3G reception at work and I don't make calls from work, so I'll force it to 2G until I get home where I get very strong 3G reception.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12