Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so i'm back...i've gone through 3 non bb smartphjones since i cracked the screen ... BlackBerry Bold forum

khillyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C

Bold Battery?

Advertisement

Ok, so i'm back...i've gone through 3 non bb smartphjones since i cracked the screen on my curve a year or so ago, but of course i felt the siren song of the Bold calling...

the problem i'm having is that i can't seem to get it to stay charged for a whole day...i get maybe 10 hours of batt life if i'm lucky...even my curve did better then that...is it a problem with the bold or did i maybe get a suck battery? i've only had it for a day or so and haven't had time to scour the forums for answers

PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C
    and by smartphjones i mean smartphones..shut it...i suck at typing

headfog no está en línea Stack level 1
    My battery life was not that bad on the AT&T default firmware. I put firmware v4.6.0.214 and battery life is much better. I can go a few days without a charge with moderate use.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I would say its the OS. .167 sucked for me so I went to .210 and everything about it was better. I suggest reading the thread about beta OS. ~via Bold~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    The Bolds battery is adequate. Remember,this is a big device, and it drains the battery accordingly. I have a charger at work and charge it for 20 minutes during the day to keep it up. You might want to invest in an extended battery, kind of pricy, but probably worth it. ~via 9000~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    My battery life was nominal when I was using the packaged OS. I am now running .228 and I beat the crap outta the Bold every day. The battery life is now amazing. Even with Latitude running 24/7 along with Viigo, Facebook, Twitterberry, and the five normal apps, my battery is good for a day and half to two days.

Try upgrading the OS before doing anything rash like screaming at the vendor for a new battery.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Tell us what you got running on your bold and how much you use it. I am doing 2000+ minutes a month and deal with about 40-60 emails a day and still have half my batter left at the end of the day.

Coverage can make a big difference and if you have poor coverage, it will make a BIG difference in your 3G Bold.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Wish I could say the same thing about my Bold battery life - I am running .155 and the battery survives on constant charges in my car or when connected to the pc - it´s a no-no. I´ve gotten used to it, but its frustrating. Probably the .155 and Vodafone setup are the culprits. Can I do something about it? I hope so, so let me know. Thanks

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try some of these tips... they make a huge difference...

http://forums.pinstack.com/f52/10_tips_help_extend_blackberry_battery_life-50079/

PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C
    thanks guys...i only got the Bold on sat and i'm finding that i get a ton of email and have viigo running constantly and i've found i'm using the gps a ton...i only got 10 hrs of batt life today, i'm gonna try and update the os and see if that helps...if not that kid at the at&t store better make with a new battery or so help me! :shakes fist defiantly:

PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C
    Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie77 View Post
    Try some of these tips... they make a huge difference...

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=50079
    dang that Hayden kid sure is smart..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khillyer View Post
    dang that Hayden kid sure is smart..thanks
    Considering Pinstack is Hayden's "Baby".. I'd say smart is an understatement!! =)

I had brutal battery life before reading that thread. There's a lot of great tips. Good luck.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    thanks guys...i only got the Bold on sat and i'm finding that i get a ton of email and have viigo running constantly and i've found i'm using the gps a ton...i only got 10 hrs of batt life today, i'm gonna try and update the os and see if that helps...if not that kid at the at&t store better make with a new battery or so help me! :shakes fist defiantly:
    If you are using your Bold that much, 10 hours is not that bad. You use sounds a little above average. You must understand that your screen is using alot of power and the application like GPS can soak it up more quickly.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    If you are using your Bold that much, 10 hours is not that bad. You use sounds a little above average. You must understand that your screen is using alot of power and the application like GPS can soak it up more quickly.

well i'm updating my OS now so we'll see if that helps, otherwise i think i'll buy a second charger because i love the bold and i'm not givin it up :-) are there any good themes available? i checked the download thread but there were only three...

well i'm updating my OS now so we'll see if that helps, otherwise i think i'll buy a second charger because i love the bold and i'm not givin it up :-) are there any good themes available? i checked the download thread but there were only three...
    Under the "Forums" tab at the top; then down to "Smartphones Themes"; then "Free BlackBerry Themes"; then obviously choose the "Bold 9000" =) There's lots of themes. Most are OTA downloads, and some are zip. Have FUN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast