Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 82 of 82

Originally Posted by RSCStacker I just got confirmation that the $299 price is in fact ... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #76
    Skier87's Avatar
    Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    188

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    I just got confirmation that the $299 price is in fact after rebate.
    Ah! just what I was afraid of!... yet what I was expecting. I have to say I am still rather satisfied with that pricing though.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Just kidding ranxoren my friend...lol... pretty creative of me eh?

    For clarification here is what I said:
    Originally Posted by archer6
    I currently have an 8820 which is exactly the same size device as the Bold with a similar keyboard.

    Notice I said "similar" keyboard, besides just what do you expect out of a BlackBerry addict such as myself ? Do you really believe that I think like a normal person? Do you really think that I have half a brain? After all the cell phones I've held up to my ear, my brain is fried....

    Further proof.... how many times have I posted about the keyboard on the Bold? How conflicted am I? How sick am.... well let's not go there.....
    lol :P oh archer ...

  3. #78
    adamjay79's Avatar
    adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    114
    I am in West Palm Beach, FL and I called every BB in the area. No BOLDS and when they do come in, they will be for NEW CUSTOMERS only. No ATT upgrades in BB.

  4. #79
    GregGebhardt's Avatar
    GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I stopped at Best Buy on my way home from work; and there the Bold was for sale.
    WOW that is a serious kick to ATT face. 1 week before they release it.
    AT&T deserves the kick in the face. They have delayed the Bold and not RIM. RIM has lost millions of dollars with the cr^p that AT&T has put them thru. I am betting that AT&T will NEVER see another RIM exclusive

  5. #80
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    AT&T deserves the kick in the face. They have delayed the Bold and not RIM. RIM has lost millions of dollars with the cr^p that AT&T has put them thru. I am betting that AT&T will NEVER see another RIM exclusive
    .
    Well said, I agree 100%. However that said I do understand why AT&T did what they did even though I disagree with them. AT&T purposely chose to throw all of their resources behind the iPhone. Reason being it was a sure fire way to gain market share which is exactly what happened. The iPhone is so overly hyped that vast numbers of people were willing to leave their carriers & switch to AT&T just for the iPhone. Current statistics reveal that over 30% of iPhones sold by AT&T were to ex Verizon customers. This grew AT&T's market share & made them a tremendous amount of money. The number one challenge to all carriers today is to gain market share. Its getting very tough because all the mainstream users already have a phone & no incentive to pay the outrageous early termination fee (ETF) to switch carriers. Mainstream users usually don't care what kind of phone they have as long as it works for them. So AT&T but RIM on the back burner to romance Apple & its followers. However AT&T is not solely at fault here, and believe me I am NOT defending them. But RIM announced the BOLD in May, long before the announcement of the iPhone 3G. Rim said it would be released in the summer. Failing to do so cost them dearly. They were still struggling with issues when Apple announced the iPhone 3G. So that was further incentive for AT&T to fulfill its desire for maximum revenue & the iPhone gave them that opportunity. Thus we find ourselves in the mess we are in today. The Bold is way too late, the economy is in the tank, corporations have cut back on capital spending, and the Bold suffers from early problems in the markets outside of the USA with just one exception and that is Rogers. RIM has aways to go, they will recover, but the losses are staggering and they are in denial about the hit their reputation took. That's my take.
    .
    sent via BlackBerry

  6. #81
    GregGebhardt's Avatar
    GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Posts
    680
    Archer6, I agree. You are an early bird person like me!

    Good morning!

  7. #82
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Archer6, I agree. You are an early bird person like me!

    Good morning!
    Top of the Morning to you Greg!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •