Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I just called my local BB. He didn't even no what a BB Bold was.... BlackBerry Bold forum

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I just called my local BB. He didn't even no what a BB Bold was.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    I dont know where you guys are getting its 299 without rebate.... Att prices are always AFTER rebate. Always, all their advertising etc etc. That would mean out the door price would be 400 plus tax.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    My neighbor just bought his Bold at Best Buy. It's the first one l've seen. Very impressive. Really fast. When I asked him how much he said $249. Sounded false to me until he took the receipt out of the bag to show me. Plus he has no rebate to deal with. So I called to check stock & they still had them. He owes me a favor so he went back to get one & they were sold out. Mgr told him they had 30 as of this morning & just sold last one a minute before he arrived. Oh well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    My neighbor just bought his Bold at Best Buy. It's the first one l've seen. Very impressive. Really fast. When I asked him how much he said $249. Sounded false to me until he took the receipt out of the bag to show me. Plus he has no rebate to deal with. So I called to check stock & they still had them. He owes me a favor so he went back to get one & they were sold out. Mgr told him they had 30 as of this morning & just sold last one a minute before he arrived. Oh well.

So u FINALLY saw one and MOST LIKELY played with the keyboard. What did you think ? wasnt I right ?

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2
    Went to the Best Buy here in KC and they thought they would have the bold tuesday. Price was $349 with new contract and $419 with upgrade. Not sure why its more to be upgrading, but I'm interested to see if thats close to the price AT&T will have.

PIN/ID
    LESS

I'm jealous. My best buy doesn't have it yet.

The keyboard is improved compared to my 8820. Just different than my other BlackBerrys . It seems to be the best of the that style. As far as it being better than my 8310 & 7130c, I won't know until I use one for awhile, that's IF I buy one.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    You not but it Archer? Come on buddy! Its like me not eating lol.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    The keyboard is improved compared to my 8820. Just different than my other BlackBerrys . It seems to be the best of the that style. As far as it being better than my 8310 & 7130c, I won't know until I use one for awhile, that's IF I buy one.

I suggest you splurge and buy the Bold. It is definitely the best BlackBerry I have ever used.

I would not go back to my 8310 unless I have to. The Bold experience is so much better

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    After using the Bold for a month or so the keys on my 8820 and Curve seem tiny. There is no better keyboard or screen that what is on the Bold. It feature rich and has the processing power to use them.

Only problem you will have is if you do not have 4 bars or more reception, your 3G experience will not be good. I am lucky and Jacksonville has great 3G but from what I have seem if you do not have good reception you will spend alot of time on 2G and your battery will not last as long trying to maintain it!

3G requires excellent reception!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm guessing you have to get used to the Bold keys. I picked up(held in my hand) the Bold in Best Buy yesterday and right away the keyboard was a turn-off. I have a 8820 and I love the keyboard.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I'm guessing you have to get used to the Bold keys. I picked up(held in my hand) the Bold in Best Buy yesterday and right away the keyboard was a turn-off. I have a 8820 and I love the keyboard.

Believe me you will not only get used to it but will love the keyboard.

Humans are adaptable and of course you would fine the Bold different than the 8820 but were you so turned off that you will not buy the Bold?

Not!

I am very open minded & I embrace change. Therefore when I evaluate any new BlackBerry I _expect_ to experience a period of adaptation. I also have my preferences. I have found through personal experience that any BlackBerry to date with side by side keys are nearly impossible for me to enjoy. Yes I can use them, but I cannot type as fast & accurately as a model with regular shaped keys with spaces between them, even if the keyboard is smaller. I'm used to being able to handle huge amounts of messages on my Curve. I could do the same on my SureType 7130c, which certainly took time to learn SureType. I currently have an 8820 which is exactly the same size device as the Bold with a similar keyboard. I can easily process 40% more mail on the 8310, than the 8820. So, since the keyboard on any BlackBerry is of utmost importance to me, I am very careful to fairly evaluate them. Finally its important for you to know that I find the Bold extremely appealing -because it _is_ a large device which I greatly prefer due to my large hands. I'm disappointed that it does have this type of keyboard. If one looks closely at the key_shape_, you will notice that RIM sculptures the keys on the keyboards like the 88xx & Bold. Thereby reducing the surface area of the top of the key which is where ones finger makes contact. No other manufacturer makes odd keys like this. If you look closely at the 7290, 7130, 83xx models they all have normal keys. Thus I find them all must easier, faster, & efficient.
    Also, its not that I do not like side by side keyboards. My Moto-Q global has a wonderful keyboard with side by side keys. But if you look closely you will see they are normal keys. The Treo's have always had normal keys. My E-71 Nokia smartphone has normal keys side by side and I'm really fast & accurate on it.
    So it's just a matter of RIMs choice to build these odd keys. Yes I can adapt, I already have on my 8820. So I'm not saying they are bad. I'm only saying that they are uncomfortable & slow in my experience. Most users do not have the luxury of having the opportunity to own every BlackBerry as I do, therefore there is no way for them to know the difference. Anyone that forms an opinion after a short test in the store is kidding themselves. You must take it home, use it & live with it before you will know what any device is like.

~via BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Folks. The prices very at locations. Some Best Buys sells it less than the carrier, and others sell them at a higher cost. The Best Buy here in Miami might sell things at a higher cost than Detroit. It is based on the cost of living in your area. Everyone in pinstack are from different states and locations. So prices will very.

Thanks for the tip, I will check my local best buy.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    No Way
    I made a mistake with the previous poster (Calm Tiger). You do not HAVE to get used to the Bold keyboard. You can stick with the old 8820! I am betting you will get the Bold and will love the keyboard in no time. If not they will accept it's return with in the 30 days.

Sorry if I sounded terse, I remember how much I used to love my 8820, too!

Heck I still have fond feelings towards my Nextel Blackberry 7520! Still the most rugged Blackberry I have ever used to date with a great keyboard. The Bold is just such a big upgrade that most will be more than glad to adapt
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 10-27-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast