Looks like the BOLD doesn't have a true standby mode like the previous BB's. When ... BlackBerry Bold forum

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

BOLD AT&T Standby Mode

Advertisement

Looks like the BOLD doesn't have a true standby mode like the previous BB's.

When I press the MUTE key the BOLD says "Entering Stanby Mode. Press the mute key again to exit standy mode"

Now it's in a so called standby mode, if I press the keyboard nothing happens, however if I press the "Send Key", "Menu Key", "Trackball", "Escape Key" or "End/Power Key" the screen lights up and a pop up screen says "In standy mode. Press the Mute key to exit standby mode"

The problem I see here is that if the BOLD is in my pocket the buttons above can accidently be pressed and the screen will continue to light up and have the pop up. This to me is wasting an already poor battery.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix or work around??
    Save a tree by using a BlackBerry!

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I am seeing this too, however this is how my curve on 4.5 behaved. Before 4.5, the curve would go to sleep and no button press would wake it up.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Yup its in the new OS. I am not sure why. I have confirmed this since I sold 4 or 5 of them and went over all this with customers. Honestly unless your dying wait to get a BOLD! Price will drop and quality will be better!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by qbangringo View Post
    Yup its in the new OS. I am not sure why. I have confirmed this since I sold 4 or 5 of them and went over all this with customers. Honestly unless your dying wait to get a BOLD! Price will drop and quality will be better!
    I called AT&T aboit this yesterday & they said it's an issue they have no fix for. Just anothe reason I got rid of mine. I'm with you, know is no time to buy.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I keep my phone in a holster, so this should not be an issue for me.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I believe they did this as too many people would hit the standby button and not be able to figure out how to exit the mode.

They'd hit the send, end and trackball and finally pull the battery to get out of standby. So they made it so it tells you what to do. Annoying for those of us who have a clue, but they probably receive many less support calls!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I called AT&T aboit this yesterday & they said it's an issue they have no fix for. Just anothe reason I got rid of mine. I'm with you, know is no time to buy.
    LOL!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL