I am able to use my Bold as a 3G modem, however when I receive/make ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2

BOLD as a modem while having calls

Advertisement

I am able to use my Bold as a 3G modem, however when I receive/make calls, I can't seems to be able to hear the other party. the call will go through with the other party hearing me fine. Anyone facing similar problem? BTW, how can we know what speed is the modem is on?

Thanks.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Not sure about the answers to all of your questions except one, the speed is S L O W !
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    I tether all the time. Never had a problem with the calls (except static on my BT headset but thats cause i also tether with the BT and the static happens at the same time as any data is being transfered). As for the speed being slow, I dunno what Greg considers slow but considering this is internet anywhere, anytime, i think its pretty damned fast. I've had files transfer at over 1mb/s.............

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i know that of late my bold disconnects when i am using it as a modem and recieve a call!

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaxn2 View Post
    i know that of late my bold disconnects when i am using it as a modem and recieve a call!

The only reason that I know of that it should be doing that is that its not on 3G. The dual transfer feature is only active on 3G, if you're on EDGE then you have a. slower connection speed b. data still accessible on your blackberry and c. either voice or data, not both............

if you are still in 3G then its possible it's in a weak area. Does it do it all the time? or only in a specific place?

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Simultanius voice and data is only available on 3G. I'll bet your probably on edge if you lose connection when you get a call. I think the connection speed on 3g is awesome!! especially if you've always been on edge till recently. We just went 3g live a week ago and I'm digging it. Only thing I wish RIM would include in a future Bold OS is Video Share. I have a Nokia e71x with video share and its awesome! It allows for 1 way video conferencing. Basically you can send live video while on a call to the person you're talking to. They can talk to you on speaker phone and see what your camera is recording at the same time. ROCKS!!

jlsound no está en línea Stack level 1
    Will AT&T crack down on users doing this???

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rsammon977 View Post
    The only reason that I know of that it should be doing that is that its not on 3G. The dual transfer feature is only active on 3G, if you're on EDGE then you have a. slower connection speed b. data still accessible on your blackberry and c. either voice or data, not both............

if you are still in 3G then its possible it's in a weak area. Does it do it all the time? or only in a specific place?

i am in 3G but you are correct after looking at it I am in a weak coverage area. I was in a grey area for the past year at my home then 3G started showing up. Now i have 3G but is spotty at times. is ok though not complaining. thanks for the reminder.