Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't think it has anything to do with the router. The phone connects fine ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sethwas no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I don't think it has anything to do with the router.
    The phone connects fine with no sim card, so clearly there is some setting on the phone preventing a wifi connection when it sees the gsm network.

Thanks,

Seth

sethwas no está en línea Stack level 2
    Update,
    So I read into the 'hotspot mode v. medianet mode' issue and am familiar with the software setup. So the theory goes, the BIS network items in hotspot mode still use the data plan, but all internet requests go over the wifi. The mediatet mode means everything goes over the data plan, not the wifi. There is no 'wifi priority' as the options have it in the curve bb's.
    I did a new trick, I turned off the 'mobile network' in the wireless settings, but I turned on data services in mobile network options.
    So now I cannot make or receive calls as it shows the wireless is off, and it also shows the wifi symbol unlit - yet I can browse the web.
    I'm almost there. i just need it to figure out an in-between setting. That lets me make and recieve calls/sms yet does not send any data over the gsm/edge/3G.

Seth

P.S. I can browse but cannot check email (web email is probably a BIS function?) unless I go to the website directly.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    All that's new to me (obviously.). I hope you get the solution. The Bold must be a real different "animal" and I'm surprised it's THAT different from the 8900. I'll follow your progress - I can't offer any help. Good luck.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12