I cant find the right walkthought for the bold+4.6 DM i tried doing it using ... BlackBerry Bold forum
Bold & tethering
I cant find the right walkthought for the bold+4.6 DM i tried doing it using a 4.2 walkthought but there is no option for connection or something in the DM
people get the swine flu
and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions
of people have AIDS
but no one wears condoms
works flawlessly over Bluetooth on all my Macs. You might wanna try the Bluetooth solution its not as fast (still more than decent speed) but god is it way more convenient lol !
how did you manage to connect your bold to your macs?? is there a guide I can follow on how to setup the connection??? thanks
Originally Posted by ranxoren
You don't run it through Desktop Manager.
Originally Posted by mac14x
Plug your Bold in via USB
Start Desktop Manager and then minimize it.
Windows XP operating system
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Phone and Modem Options.
- In the Phone and Modem Options window, click the Modems tab.
- Select Standard Modem and click Properties.
- Click Change Settings.
- In the Standard Modem Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
- In the Extra initialization commands field, type the following: +cgdcont=1,"IP","<your Internet APN>"
- Click Start > Settings > Network Connections.
- Double-click New Connection Wizard. The New Connection Wizard opens.
- Click Next.
- Select the Connect to the Internet option. Click Next.
- Select Set up my connection manually. Click Next.
- Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Click Next.
- If the Select a Device screen appears, select the Modem - Standard Modem check box. Click Next.
- In the ISP Name field, type a name for your connection. Click Next.
- In the Phone number field, type *99#. Click Next.
- Indicate which users will have access to the connection. Click Next.
- Type the user name and password provided by your service provider. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- In the Connect window, click Properties.
- In the Properties window, verify that Modem - Standard Modem appears beneath the Connect using heading, and then click Configure.
- In the Modem Configuration window, clear the Enable hardware flow control check box and make sure none of the other check boxes are selected. Click OK. In the Properties window, click OK.
just "Add bluetooth device" and follow the prompts !
Originally Posted by jcturcios
Do you have to have the AT&T Tethering service to do this... on a once in a while basis? It is like an extra $10 per month. Seems like you may not need it.
Tags for this Thread