I recently got my hubby the bold and he had the att 8525 before the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mm01zmami no está en línea Stack level 2

bold and flash

Advertisement

I recently got my hubby the bold and he had the att 8525 before the bold. He fell inlove with the bold instantly. He only has one gripe about it- there's no flash player.

I don't really understand but is it true the bold doesn't have a flash player. Or is there an option that can be change to make this possible?!

Help. I want him to be a blackberry addict just like me!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blackberry does not support flash and judging from an article hayden posted earlier today they probably wont any time soon. Sorry!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah i dont know of many mobile devices that support flash and im still wondering why because its not even like we dont have the horsepower and the technology to support it.

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    When its illogical, it is because of MONEY...

The reason why most manufacturers (apple, RIM) do NOT want Flash on their phones (or delay it as much as possible) is cold hard cash.

The Flash player is a platform in itself, meaning software companies can create whole self-contained applications in itself. The minute RIM or APPLE allows a flash player on their device, companies will line up and write software that they will put up on Web pages, putting the App Store and Future RIM application store out of business and cutting vital revenue streams ...