Not sure if its software or hardware but heres the issue. I have a 1week ... BlackBerry Bold forum

riy
    riy no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold and DM 4.6 Bluetooth Crash

Advertisement

Not sure if its software or hardware but heres the issue.

I have a 1week old bold from ATT. Totally stock except for rex connect and bb alerts.
    I have DM 4.6 installed.
    I have built in bluetooth and vista. No problems previously with Moto Q and activsync or Curve and DM 4.6 bluetooth sync.

Most of the time, after the bold connects via bluetooth to dm it will start to sync, it will the crash with an "connector error". This happens at varying times, sometimes calendar, sometimes address book, etc. No set pattern. No problem with usb sync.

Handset is 6in from laptop so distance isn't the issue. Sometimes maybe 1 out of 4 the sync works

One pattern is that it seems if I usb sync first, then bluetooth sync, it works more often.

It seems like maybe the sync is taking to long overbluetooth and the connection gives up ????

I really like the bold over the curve but this is very annoying. As I said earlier never had an issue with the curve sync over bluetooth with several versions of DM installed.

One thing just came to mind. I am using DM 4.6 installed from rim downloads. Never installed the cd that came with bold. Although this worked flawless with curve, could this be an issue??

Any help greatly appreciated because I turned off bluetooth support and have gne back to usb because it sooo time consuming to wait for crash, hookup usb, and then sync. Quicker to just hook up the cable.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by riy View Post
    One thing just came to mind. I am using DM 4.6 installed from rim downloads. Never installed the cd that came with bold. Although this worked flawless with curve, could this be an issue??
    I would say try that as i cant really answer since i dont use bluetooth sync. Sorry. Hopefully somebody else will be able to help!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    My Bold won't hold the connection with my laptop at all. When I first turn it on the security code screen pops up. I enter the code. It connects and about 3 seconds later it is asking to connect again. This is ongoing.

I have the same problem with DM. In two weeks of trying I have yet to get a complete sync using Bluetooth.

This has been occuring with all OS from the one that came on the phone right up to 4.6.0.168.

I hope they find out why. I like being able to walk into the office and my sync is done without having to plugin.

I don't think it is DM since my Curve and My wife's pearl sync flawlessly with DM 4.6.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

riy
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

riy
    I can tell you the few times mine syncs over bluetooth it takes triple
    The time of a usb sync

riy

Anyone using an older version of DM for bold

Considering that when bluetooth sync worked with my curve but was very slow with DM 4.6 as opposed to the previous DM 4.2 ??? I wonder if downgrading would help. Also, would DM offer to overwrite the new version and install automatically or would I have to remove DM 4.6 1st.

Pendaho no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Bold Slow to Sync with Bluetooth

I am having the same issues with syncing my 1 week old ATT Blackberry Bold with Bluetooth. On my old Pearl, my contacts would zoom along and in less than 1 minute sync all of the data.

The Bold moves at a snail's pace through the sync process and gets frustrating. At the crawling pace it starts at, it seems like it will take an hour to sync 366 contacts.

Any help to make this snyc process more functional would be appreciated.

Thanks,

riy
    Update, I did a hard reset on the bold and bluetooth sync worked very well for a day. I hard reset again a day later and am back to 1 out of 4 syncs working and very sloooow. This is very strange because it proved the bold and my pc are capable of perfect sync. For some reason a hard reset fixed the problem and then screwed it up again. I deleted pairing on bold and pc, reset, hard reset many many times and can not get it back.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    my laptop is Bluetooth, but my phone dosnt want to connect, im not to heart broken over it being i have an expendable USB on had most the time.

but i know from my old HTC PDA , connecting through bluetooth was pritty slow in most cases